Plymouth Argyle Heritage Archive Ltd | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Heritage Archive Ltd

I noticed this new company formation at Companies House recently but there hasnt been, as far as I know, anything said about it.

If its what I think it is then its a very welcome bit of news because I am assuming that this could be securing the future of GOS, an absolute treasure for Argyle fans everywhere.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think it does Mr C. Steve has also talked of his intention to retire from GoS with little uptake for suitable volunteers.

IJN":37apcabn said:
I don't think it does Mr C. Steve has also talked of his intention to retire from GoS with little uptake for suitable volunteers.

That would be a massive shame. If I knew much more than how to turn a computer on and off I would offer to help, but its all sorcery and black magic to me.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
The Argyle Archive (PAHA) was the brainchild of Russell Moore, the author of that wonderful book about Home Park. I got involved, as did another Pasoti regular, and we decided to do it properly by forming a not-for-profit company about a year ago - hence you've seen it on the Companies House website.

In a nutshell, PAHA is all about preserving and promoting the history and heritage of PAFC. It is volunteer-run and strictly not for profit, but at the same time we have to find money to cover costs. I suppose two of its absolute principles are that (a) it is independent of the club - that's why we formed a separate company. All its assets (e.g. records, programmes, photos, memorabilia) belong to PAHA, not PAFC - you can guess the reason for that. And (b) we work in harmony with the club - that's why there are PAFC-related people as PAHA directors, and why the club has happily donated all sorts of artefacts over the last few months to PAHA, with the grandstand etc being an obvious treasure trove.

As Postey says, we launched with an exhibition a year ago, and later in 2017 we had a very successful evening with Graham Little, Argyle's Secretary for some 25 years. There are still a series of audio extracts from that evening on argylearchive.org.uk.

All that said, you might also be wondering what, if anything, has happened since, particularly as PAHA's website appears to be in a deep sleep. I can only liken it to having a baby... for the first year or so it's hard work but everything is new and exciting and the baby is oh-so-cute, but after that the much less glamorous work kicks in. The ultimate result, hopefully, will be a fine young man/woman, but such things take time and hard work. Wouldn't it be nice to have a permanent museum at or near Home Park for fans to see the history of the club - that has to be the dream. PAHA is probably in that terrible twos phase now, with all sorts of issues to address, and that's what we're busy with at the moment. In the next few months I hope we can be a bit more visible again and another exhibition would be nice, although for the time being a venue is an issue of course.

As far as GoS is concerned, yes that was one of the reasons I became involved in PAHA, at least in terms of future possibilities for the GoS-DB element (the match and player records). We've not pursued those thoughts yet, and in the meantime the GoS status quo will continue. Will PAHA be the answer? I don't know - I've a feeling that the combination of time, dedication and a significant technical bent will be a stumbling block, whoever the owner is. Time will tell.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The evening with Graham Little was absolutely Brilliant, the stories that Graham was telling were so interesting the best I have ever attended, the whole event was well organised by Russel and Steve.
We don't know how lucky we are to have guys like this preserving our history.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree.

My most notable thing to take home that night was how peed off West Ham were that we sold Mariner to them before Ipswich and WHU reported us to the FA.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":1zjd6d5r said:
Totally agree.

My most notable thing to take home that night was how peed off West Ham were that we sold Mariner to them before Ipswich and WHU reported us to the FA.

Wrong way round, Ian.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No it's not mate, we did 'sell' him to them, and Waiters said 'no' and Ipswich deal was done.

Bad grammar on my part though.

:oops:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":8edx8hjg said:
Totally agree.

What surprised me was how close we were to Trevor Francis becoming our manager..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, dodged a bullet there. He never wanted to be associated with us when he was a player did he? Strange really because Roy, his dad, was a real Argyle fan.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":3tv54ggd said:
No it's not mate, we did 'sell' him to them, and Waiters said 'no' and Ipswich deal was done.

Bad grammar on my part though.

:oops:

My bad, Ian, read it wrong.