Cliff Jackson RIP | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cliff Jackson RIP

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Argyle Legends and a Crystal Palace forum are reporting that former Argyle forward Cliff Jackson has passed away. He was 76 and had not been well for some time. He arrived from Swindon Town in the summer of 1963. Argyle manager Ellis Stuttard knew what he was getting, having discovered the player when he was assistant manager at Swindon. Jackson was just 17 when he made his Swindon debut - Dave Corbett was also in the Town side. Although his first season at Home Park was a struggle in terms of injuries and results, Jackson really thrived under Malcolm Allison during the 1964-65 season. I remember an evening match against Newcastle when Jackson scored the winner at the Devonport end. He was near the edge of the Newcastle penalty area and passed the ball into the net. It wasn't travelling that fast and although it went close to several defenders it was so accurately placed that it evaded them all and the despairing dive of Newcastle 'keeper Gordon Marshall as it rolled into the net. Cliff Jackson will be remembered for his elegant style and range of passing, as well as for being a very likeable man who always had time for people. He made 85 League and Cup appearances for Argyle, scoring 20 times. RIP Cliff.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Also reported on the club Twitter page. They have sent their condolences to Cliff's family and friends.

RIP Cliff.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Cliff played in the first match I ever saw, & thus holds a special memory.
I remember him just as you describe, MM ; RIP Pilgrim

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ray_Stidwell":3j6ht5el said:
Cliff played in the first match I ever saw, & thus holds a special memory.
I remember him just as you describe, MM ; RIP Pilgrim

We have something in common albeit at different clubs. RIP CJ

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
RIP Cliff Jackson. I remember him well. He was reasonably tall and had quite a slim frame and belied the physique of big well built strikers in the Lukaku/Drogba mould. He was not the fastest on his feet but very effective. When I disappeared 'up the smoke' to work, I had a Crystal Palace supporting mate, and of course Cliff went on to play for that team in the then Fist Division. I was able to watch him perform at that level, when I accompanied my mate to Selhurst Park. Palace had a keeper also named Jackson, but no relation.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
I remember playing against Cliff at Home Park in a SWL game he was just coming back from injury my hands are still stinging he had a tremendous shot on him RIP Cliff