Derek Adams signs new 5 year deal | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams signs new 5 year deal

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Per the baggo!

Now Head of Football, so overseeing everything basically. Fantastic news. Well done James Brent and the board!

Edited to add: thought this worthy of its own thread

May 8, 2011
monkeywrench":c05q9dd1 said:
Per the baggo!

Now Head of Football, so overseeing everything basically. Fantastic news. Well done James Brent and the board!

Edited to add: thought this worthy of its own thread

He was already overseeing everything, so just making the job title fit what he does.

Aug 26, 2011
Best thing Brent has done since rescuing the club

It must be some deal as I was half expecting a championship club to come in him for him

Hopefully will now apply the same logic to our better players so we can build a squad without a large turnaround of players each season

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Brilliant news.

May 8, 2011
TynanWozGr8":3bpssi2t said:
Best thing Brent has done since rescuing the club

It must be some deal as I was half expecting a championship club to come in him for him

Hopefully will now apply the same logic to our better players so we can build a squad without a large turnaround of players each season

The players contracts are negotiated by Adams, he decides on how long a contract to offer and how much to pay them.

Throughout his management career he has ‘refreshed’ his squads each year, that is part of his management philosophy, I can’t see it changing.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
That is great news.

It might not happen this coming season but I have no doubts Adams is the man who will take us back to the Championship.

COYG

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Brilliant!

There can't be many managers in the top four leagues who have a five year contract and there can't be many, if at all, who have total control over the whole football club.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Signing of the summer! :nworthy:

Adams has more than proven himself in the English game now, to have him signed on for another 5 years is therefore a massive coup as I'm sure interest in him will be very high at this point.

It's also good to see his full role at the club put into writing. I'm sure he already had oversight of all football goings on, that's just his style. To have it put into writing though and be given a formal title recognising his entire role will I'm sure mean a lot to him.