2018/19 season optimism | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

2018/19 season optimism

J

Joe1989

I am feeling very confident heading into the new season, especially with DA signing a new 5 year deal. Hoping that will convince others to commit and bring in some new quality.

Also with being in the Navy for over 10 years, next season is the first time i have had chance to get a season ticket. I am very much looking forward to it.

Confident that if Bradley signs and we can sign a first choice GK, young box to box midfielder and a striker that we will be up there next season fighting for the play offs again.

Just wondering if this is too optimistic or whether other people are quietly confident too?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Last season the team exceeded expectations but with another major overhaul in the summer who knows.

Would love to be optimistic and be up the top fighting for PROMOTION but until we see the signings and squad take shape any optimism is based on wishful thinking

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I'm quietly confident too. Just need to strengthen some positions and have better depth next season up front particularly, and there's no reason why we can't finish in the Playoffs. :thumbs: :thumbs:

D

Dano

samjones":1u24sdkz said:
Last season the team exceeded expectations but with another major overhaul in the summer who knows.

Would love to be optimistic and be up the top fighting for PROMOTION but until we see the signings and squad take shape any optimism is based on wishful thinking

Agree,.. we all can see possibly players that are available now.

Let’s just hope we show some confidence in our ability to make these signing worthwhile, and not as last season proved to be the case of just getting anyone in to fill the gapping holes which cost us possible promotions?.

We all can see the possibilities if we (Argyle) trully apply ourselves with more conviction to deliver what is and was possible come the end of last seasons collapse. At the point when lack of depth and quality cut us short of finishing the course .

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
I was thinking along the same lines as the op . I can’t remember feeling as optimistic or eagerly awaiting the new season for a good few years.

The World Cup is almost an unwanted distraction for me and I just can’t get excited by it.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
SatisfiedinSouthway":2wdrkfv3 said:
I was thinking along the same lines as the op . I can’t remember feeling as optimistic or eagerly awaiting the new season for a good few years.

The World Cup is almost an unwanted distraction for me and I just can’t get excited by it.

Come on. The World Cup's an amazing spectacle. It is more special that it's only every 4 years as well imo.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
r4h4al":3ho74b0q said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":3ho74b0q said:

Come on. The World Cup's an amazing spectacle. It is more special that it's only every 4 years as well imo.

I get what you’re saying but I just can’t get excited by England anymore. The more corrupt and greedy the top flight game gets , FIFA , UEFA , the premier league the more I appreciate and support Argyle.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Off-topic, but there’s an argument that the national team has more in common with the lower leagues than it does with Premier and Champions Leagues.

Inevitably it will consist of players from the Premier League, but it still represents the national game, and also suffers from the increasing dominance and cash of club football. I would also far rather see Argyle do well, but this England team seems ‘relatively’ likeable, exciting and could fly under the radar this time.

Sep 6, 2006
Joe1989":12op6grv said:
I am feeling very confident heading into the new season, especially with DA signing a new 5 year deal. Hoping that will convince others to commit and bring in some new quality.

Also with being in the Navy for over 10 years, next season is the first time i have had chance to get a season ticket. I am very much looking forward to it.

Confident that if Bradley signs and we can sign a first choice GK, young box to box midfielder and a striker that we will be up there next season fighting for the play offs again.

Just wondering if this is too optimistic or whether other people are quietly confident too?

That's a lot of ifs!

Sep 6, 2006
SatisfiedinSouthway":1tf742gm said:

An unwanted distraction from what?

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Balham_Green":1s49u7hl said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":1s49u7hl said:

From the far more important business of Argyle!
Counting the days till 2018-19 season starts.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
SatisfiedinSouthway":1jgq9wgi said:
Balham_Green":1jgq9wgi said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":1jgq9wgi said:

But Argyle aren't playing any serious football games.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
SatisfiedinSouthway":34ymjczp said:
r4h4al":34ymjczp said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":34ymjczp said:

I get what you’re saying but I just can’t get excited by England anymore. The more corrupt and greedy the top flight game gets , FIFA , UEFA , the premier league the more I appreciate and support Argyle.
Same for me - I couldn't give a flying one how 'Team Corporate' do any more and only watch the WC simply because it happens to be on. I certainly wouldn't clear my diary for it or any particular game.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Emeraldinho":1f8nucwi said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":1f8nucwi said:
r4h4al":1f8nucwi said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":1f8nucwi said:

Same for me - I couldn't give a flying one how 'Team Corporate' do any more and only watch the WC simply because it happens to be on. I certainly wouldn't clear my diary for it or any particular game.

But as has been pointed out. England is like Argyle. So if England is corporate then that makes Argyle corporate then. So why support Argyle and not England.

Sep 6, 2006
SatisfiedinSouthway":klmpwppm said:
Balham_Green":klmpwppm said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":klmpwppm said:

So how long does it take you to count the days if the World Cup distracts you?