Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Not quite sure when everyone returns to work etc

Jul 12, 2016
At the moment we don't appear to be any better off than we would have been if we had still been in the playoffs.

Dec 3, 2005
Patience, patience I am sure work to sign players is going on in the background and rightly so that it should be in the background.

The worst thing we can do is speculate on various players and possibly alert other Clubs and then lose out.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
We wont necessarily be the first choice club for a lot of our potential signings so as usual it will be a waiting game as other options unfold.
Very rarely do we get our 1st choice targets in early

Oct 14, 2015
I am assuming that most players who haven't been released from their club will be contracted upto the end of May bearing in mind the Play Offs? That's always my thoughts in relation to contracts. So if that's correct then I'd expect signings from June.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oldage":h1fzw2tm said:
At the moment we don't appear to be any better off than we would have been if we had still been in the playoffs.

So there’s no work going on in the background then? :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Under Adams the first summer signing in 2015 was Gary Sawyer on 25th June, Ryan Donaldson on 16th June 2016 and Lionel Ainsworth on 30th May 2017, so there's no need to panic.

Players are also on their holidays and under contract until the end of May or even June and won't commit to anything just yet.

Oct 31, 2015
Most contracts go to the end of May. Look at Sonny. No need to panic just yet :-(

May 8, 2011
Last year the first signing was Lionel Ainsworth on the 30th May. The next signing was Ruben Lameiras on 8th June, with Ryan Edwards following on 13th June.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
oldage":gltf4rt6 said:

We know what league we will be playing in so we know the players we need to target and one would hope that things are starting to move.

If we had been in the playoff we would still be in limbo as to whether we were targeting L1 wishlist or Championship wishlist.

So whilst we dont see or hear anything, i imagine we are indeed better off.

May 8, 2011
IJN":1naxnnia said:
oldage":1naxnnia said:

Don’t worry, on tuesday Derek told me he has been very busy.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":1nnwa1cp said:
oldage":1nnwa1cp said:

Took the words out of my mouth/keyboard.

‘Appear’ is the crucial word in your sentence. What appears to be happening and what IS happening are two very different things, unless you actually expected to be signing all our players in mid-May.

What’s happening now will be drawing up shortlists, prep work, getting in touch with agents, research, scouting... the list goes on. Those are the things that would have taken a backseat to play-offs.