Players offered new contracts | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players offered new contracts

Feb 17, 2017
Sawyer and Fox resigning to be annouced monday apparently, very good news i would say hopefully its true, wasnt from a taxi driver it was sawyer himself.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
I was also told today that Sawyer would be re-signing on Monday from a very reliable source so seems correct. Didn't mention anything about Fox though.

Aug 11, 2013
Absolute privilege to watch Foxy. Just so comfortable on the ball. Dummies. Makes space. Recycled the ball. His confidence rubs off on others. Hoping for another season from him. Makes the game look easy. Sacrifices a lot of family time to be down here as well which can’t be easy. Legend.

Feb 2, 2007
Hope so. Fox is the McCall/Nalis of this team. Wrap in the fluffy cotton and make him sleep in an O2 tank.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Feels a little regressive, if both are first teamers.

To have a shot at promotion, each outfield player should have a prospect of scoring half a dozen goals, whatever the playing position. Before the management messes with systems to redistribute who might get how many.

Neither of them two offer that prospect. Lack of legs now for the most part. Some other teams we saw who vied for promotion last year seemed to have players in those positions who could offer that prospect. Perhaps that was just a wrong impression.

Jan 27, 2012
The one I'm most pleased about is Ryan Taylor signing a new deal.

I hope they can extend Carey's contract to avoid him leaving in January.

Feb 17, 2017
I still think we should be looking for a first choice left back and sawyer as back up he got caught out for pace quite a lot last season, how many times did ATS have to step in stop teams targeting sawyer. I hope this isn’t one of those moments where everyone can see the inevitable (like needing a back up for taylor) and 10 games into the season we’re praying we can get a left back in January.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think Adams knows Sawyer won't be first choice left-back and offered a contract accordingly although he can play at centre-back and right-back.

When Adams changed formation in December and went narrow with Carey and Lameiras as two number 10s it was left to the full backs to supply the width almost playing as wingbacks but in a flat back four, Threlkeld had the pace and energy and coped well but Sawyer struggled, especially when getting back which allowed the opposition to exploit the space.
On the plus side when Sawyer did get forward his crosses were excellent, better than most wingers.

We now have Riley at right-back who admits he's full of energy, we now need a first choice left-back with pace and energy.
Assuming Adams goes with the same formation as the second half of last season.

Fox mentioned several times last season that the travelling to see his family in the north and being away from his family was taking its toll so it would be a surprise if he stayed. He's getting older so would he be able to cope with the games and double training sessions?

It would be great if Fox stayed, a proper footballer who keeps it simple.

For me Fox signing up is as big as Taylor doing so. Absolutely my favourite player. Absolute class. Hope this is true. Also completely agree with PL2 re Sawyer. All through last season I was moaning about his lack of pace. We were crying out for a left back to get forward more. It seems that whenever the ball reaches him somewhere near the halfway line his natural reaction is to check and play it back. This is the safe option , especially for him because he doesn’t have the pace to take on his man. I’m also not too sure about his defending. Too often their wide right player was allowed to cross the ball whilst Gary stood off. Luckily last season most of the time our excellent centre backs dealt with it. But it’s risky.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":1jwevywz said:

Can't you calm your skin? Try to enjoy the moment not worry about what might/might not happen.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":2ajre6ss said:
gaspargomez":2ajre6ss said:

Can't you calm your skin? Try to enjoy the moment not worry about what might/might not happen.

It’s far easier for some to criticise and moan than to enjoy the moment.

Sep 6, 2006
Tugboat":13zsfe2w said:
IJN":13zsfe2w said:
gaspargomez":13zsfe2w said:

It’s far easier for some to criticise and moan than to enjoy the moment.

Who's moaning? He makes a fair point re Carey.