Grandstand refurb | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand refurb

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I note nothing has been posted on the Club's O.S. nor here for a long time. Having I missed something, or has everything come to a standstill resulting in 'nothing to report'?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah, Iā€™ve touched on it already but itā€™s a bit odd to see a month of complete silence after an initial highly publicised flurry of updates.

We HAVE seen a lot of activity on the club shop site in the last few days, but no news on it whatsoever.

Impatience on my part as I like the plans and canā€™t wait to see them come to fruition.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I think it's well discussed elsewhere, if not here, that there are issues with discharging planning conditions, centring around drainage.

However - I haven't seen anywhere any reasoned feedback from somebody with even the slightest knowledge of such issues as to whether this is a substantial or trivial issue? Or if this is the club being slack in their handling of the situation or an over zealous planning officer (which most usually are)?

Just the usual crap from usual suspects, with little credibility.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Iā€™m no expert Stu (although I have done many Ā£1m + projects in my time) but the drainage thing is Zzzzzzz, trust me.

The only reason why the savants have picked up on it is, itā€™s in the public domain.

I too am surprised at the lack of blogging though. Iā€™ve always thought that if you create a vacuum with a lack of cummunication, it will be filled with total garbage.

Paul Thomas using one of his 178 aliases has no doubt proved that point. In fact heā€™s probably arguing with himself right now.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Would be good for the club to fill the vacuum of information - as unfortunately screaming the loudest on FB will eventually have some believing there is a huge issue when there isn't.

Sep 19, 2015
I for one don't feel the need to know every single going on at the football club but today would be a great opportunity for Argyle to come out and quash all rumours and give a detailed update with regards to the development. The only way to quash the rumours and scaremongering is to provide facts. Over to you PAFC

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I suppose the problem is these 'rumours' created by the same old same old, come every single week.

I saw a screenshot of a comment from Freak Hat last week where a 'new' poster (Thomas again, this time nicking a name from a little known actor) was saying that JB was being booted out by Simon Hallett.

So, has PAFC got to answer the rubbish each time?

According to some of the them, I've been locked up at least twenty times this year alone.

Twenty of thirty 'special people' should not dictate a club's communication levels should they!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Paul Thomas must be one of the strangest characters on the Internet, he regularly attempts to join Pasoti, each time under a different name and when we refuse or catch him out the threats and weird poo starts to happen.
He and his many aliases are well suited for the anti-JB Facebook page.

As for communication from the club - I suppose there's no news at the moment, Jon Back is one of us and will keep us informed when required.
Projects of this size will always have challenges along the way.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I did not raise the issue to stir the proverbial, but when the O.S. carries a section 'Development Blog' and nothing is 'blogged' for a month, it does open up the query as whether something has created a standstill, or the originator of the Blog has forgotten about it.

Should the words 'drainage issue' have some credence regarding a possible delay, it all seems very ironic, given that we have not seen a decent down pour for the best part of a month. I should think the Head Groundsman is using a reservoir full of SWW's water at the moment to ensure his newly planted turf growth meets the season's KO deadline.

Mar 8, 2016
Whatā€™s that ISO container with windows going to be? The brew room for the builders? Because that ainā€™t no control room. Crikey.

Sep 19, 2015
IJN":3aho2khw said:
I suppose the problem is these 'rumours' created by the same old same old, come every single week.

I saw a screenshot of a comment from Freak Hat last week where a 'new' poster (Thomas again, this time nicking a name from a little known actor) was saying that JB was being booted out by Simon Hallett.

So, has PAFC got to answer the rubbish each time?

According to some of the them, I've been locked up at least twenty times this year alone.

Twenty of thirty 'special people' should not dictate a club's communication levels should they!

You know as well as I do IJN, all it takes is a small number of clowns to start the jungle drums beating and then ridiculous speculation becomes janner fact! A brief end of week update for the next few months or so should come at very little effort to the club but would satisfy a lot of creative minds

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, I had the extreme stupidity to check out the free chat thing and then ATD this week, which if you like Flat Earth society meetings might appeal to you.

Everything is a stick to beat JB with, everything is personal, every vague takeover rumour (mainly based on a mysterious Whatsapp message) is greeted like England winning the World Cup. No-one reasonable or intelligent conducts themselves like that, on the internet or otherwise.

Back to the blogs, thanks Jon. Good news with the control room the first tangible addition to the ground, but for dispelling rumours sake Iā€™d like to know what this drainage issue is, or even if there is one in the first place.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I personally think that pandering to a bunch of saddoes on the internet on a weekly basis is even sadder than the crap they come up with.

Again to bring it back to my problems with them, why should I respond (as a single example) when the mad one ( or is it sad one) tells people that Iā€™ve been caught in a honey trap sting by the police and Iā€™ve been arrested, or Iā€™ve had him thrown off an airplane and been nicked for that or that PASOTI is being closed down because of breaches in the data protection act.

No one can keep up with the ramblings of a fruit and nutcase.

Best thing is to ignore it and just be happy that itā€™s not true.