Facade | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Facade

Jun 5, 2010
Anyone like me think it wasn't really worth saving? It's not got the original Plymouth Argyle lettering on,and it's going to take a lot more than a paint to revive it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Dear God!! :facepalm:

Knock down Smeaton's Tower needs demolishing as well, the space could be used for skateboarding

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Right, this redevelopment talk has officially now jumped the shark.

Jesus wept.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
You don't have to be a certain age to appreciate history and the fact that it was something paid for by the fans. I'm grateful that it's been kept.

Jun 5, 2010
I started going Argyle 1976, and yes there is sentiment with the front facade,but some people do not like change☺

Jun 5, 2010
I don't mind it staying,but if that is the main entrance to the stadium we should modern it up a bit now.Maybe they will in some way.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PennyX":1duced7s said:
Smeatons tower isn't a crumbling wall

Neither is this. What are you talking about?

Go and join UTL and Dunlop on the naughty step :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Read this for a neutral view of the facade and grandstand in general (written before the current superstore plans).

One final feature connected with the Grandstand, is not in the ground itself, but the turnstile block outside. Perhaps the most unique and attractive turnstiles in the entire country, they were built in 1936 and as with the rest of the ground, are painted in an attractive combination of green and white. It’s unclear as to whether these will survive the redevelopment, but should they do, they will provide a nice link with the past, that the Grandstand currently does, sitting next to its shiny new neighbours.

http://tims92.blogspot.com/2011/04/plym ... -park.html

Jun 5, 2010
Biggs":16q9p2pu said:
Read this for a neutral view of the facade and grandstand in general (written before the current superstore plans).

One final feature connected with the Grandstand, is not in the ground itself, but the turnstile block outside. Perhaps the most unique and attractive turnstiles in the entire country, they were built in 1936 and as with the rest of the ground, are painted in an attractive combination of green and white. It’s unclear as to whether these will survive the redevelopment, but should they do, they will provide a nice link with the past, that the Grandstand currently does, sitting next to its shiny new neighbours.

http://tims92.blogspot.com/2011/04/plym ... -park.html
Thanks, must admit some nice pics of it there.

Mar 14, 2009
I like old signs. It’s not only the rustic charm but the retro look they provide which can look great on modern day architecture.

Having said this though l think the OP was looking at it from a personal taste view and l reckon many other would share her views and would welcome something more 21st century.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The worst thing we could do is replace all things old with all things new. It’s erases any lasting visual memories of our history.

It’s a keep 100% from me and it’s worth the money, sweat and tears needed to bring into a decent material state.