Adams - Further sanctions

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The next home game is against Wycombe which would be interesting if Adams is still allowed on the touchline.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
aPusgIR.gif

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I thought on the ifollow broadcast that when a red card is issued the manager is banned from the dugout for the rest of the game, but when he has had 3 or 4 red cards then he gets suspended for a game.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Just checked

Managers will receive yellow cards for incidents such as kicking a water bottle, sarcastic clapping or any other gesture that could be considered as attempting to undermine the match official. A red card would be handed out for actions such as violent conduct, spitting and stopping the opponent restarting play. The manager would also be culpable for punishment should any member of his or her staff in the technical area or dugout be deemed to have behaved irresponsibly.

If a manager accumulates four yellow cards, they would receive an automatic one-match ban, eight a two-match ban, 12 a three-match ban and 16 or more would result in a visit to Wembley to sit in front of a Football Association disciplinary panel. Subsequent fines or stadium bans for repeat offenders – if deemed appropriate – also will be determined by the FA.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
It's starting to become a bit of a pattern for Adams isn't it. It's little wonder you read other clubs message boards and see the same level of disdain as they reserve for Steve Evans. He seems to rub fans and managers of most clubs up the wrong way.
Granted he has come up against some prickly customers but I've always seen Chris Powell as one of the nicest guys in football and fairly unflappable. I read that he accuses Adams of saying something very underhand to one of his players. If so then that's embarrassing.
No doubt some people love his antics and will say its great we have such a dislikable character in charge. I hope you bear that in mind before the visits of Messrs Ainsworth and Evans and allow them similar scope to wind up, make snide remarks and generally behave in an irksome way

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
up_the_line":1ftz6304 said:
It's starting to become a bit of a pattern for Adams isn't it.
Is it? Really? I know he had a bit of a fiery reputation at Ross County, but I can't think of any other serious touchline disciplinary problems he's had at Argyle.

He's an intelligent, studious manager with a fierce determination to win. He's not a foul-mouthed bully like Steve (see you next Tuesday) Evans, or a whingeing timewaster like Gareth Ainsworth, or a general end-of-a-bell like Graham Westley. He's never in their league. Thank goodness.

But I'm glad he has a temper. I'm glad he's bright enough to wind Evans up pre-match by telling him that he (Adams) is the best manager outside the Premier League. I'm glad he's ours.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's all part of the fun for me UTL.

A bit of touch-line antics and a few inflammatory comments in the post match presser never hurt anyone. I think football fans are generally quite a precious breed, they dish out abuse to opposing players and managers but heaven forbid they recieve some back from said players. To have a manager who plays on that adds to the entertainment.

With regards to Ainsworth and Evans I love to "hate" them, it's all part of the pantomime of football. When all is said and done I actually think Ainsworth is a talented manager who deserves a chance somewhere with a decent budget behind him. I wouldn't want that to be here because of his style of play but I wouldn't begrudge him an opportunity somewhere else (unless his antics earn a victory next Tuesday, in which case he can do one :greensmile: ). It's a results business and each of these managers have these special ways of trying to get those results, it would be dull if every manager kept themselves to themselves.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
On one of Southend’s corners first half he was absolutely livid at one of out CB’s marking. Shouting like a mad man so obviously lacking somewhere defensively.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
FourMarksGreen":1sh0adlf said:
up_the_line":1sh0adlf said:
It's starting to become a bit of a pattern for Adams isn't it.
Is it? Really? I know he had a bit of a fiery reputation at Ross County, but I can't think of any other serious touchline disciplinary problems he's had at Argyle.

He's an intelligent, studious manager with a fierce determination to win. He's not a foul-mouthed bully like Steve (see you next Tuesday) Evans, or a whingeing timewaster like Gareth Ainsworth, or a general end-of-a-bell like Graham Westley. He's never in their league. Thank goodness.

But I'm glad he has a temper. I'm glad he's bright enough to wind Evans up pre-match by telling him that he (Adams) is the best manager outside the Premier League. I'm glad he's ours.

Hear, hear. :clap:

Feb 2, 2007
Jay D was wrong to overreact to the challenge.

Simon Cox was wrong to approach Argyle bench.

Derek was wrong to go out of technical area and allegedly swear at a player in a confrontational manner.

Powell reacted badly to the alleged swearing and he was wrong to rise arms, grab throat or whatever.

The correct sanctions would have been in my view

Red card for out of technical area and abusive language for Derek
Red card for raising arms for Powell.
Yellow card for Cox for being a twit. Or red if he swore at Derek.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
nick_PASTIE":nx6bk2b8 said:
Jay D was wrong to overreact to the challenge.

Simon Cox was wrong to approach Argyle bench.

Derek was wrong to go out of technical area and allegedly swear at a player in a confrontational manner.

Powell reacted badly to the alleged swearing and he was wrong to rise arms, grab throat or whatever.

The correct sanctions would have been in my view

Red card for out of technical area and abusive language for Derek
Red card for raising arms for Powell.
Yellow card for Cox for being a twit. Or red if he swore at Derek.

Has it been proven Adams swore? Because he never swears.