Just back... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just back...

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
Thoroughly enjoyed the walk back to Bedminster surrounded by grumbling City fans.

A proper snatch and grab away win. Whilst grinding out with some exceptional blocking, in truth only a few of City’s shots ever looked truly dangerous.

Sadly for Eddy, Wootton looked a lot more comfortable with a left wider defender alongside him.

Ness my MOTM. He was outstanding, broke up the play well, and tried distributing forwards (rather than hoofing, like on Saturday) to try and create.

Another solid performance from Macey, who commands the box and collected every cross with ease utilising his height. A handy save near the end to keep us in front.

Ladapo also looked handy up front. Doesn’t have two left feet like some lone strikers, has strength and a bit of pace.

Songoo his normal Jekyll and Hyde self. A selection headache for DA on Saturday, but he along with everyone else tonight has earned their starting spot for Saturday.

Macey - 8
Moore - 7
Canavan - 7
Wootton - 7
Smith-Brown - 6
Ness - 9
Grant - 6
Songoo - 7
Carey - 6
Grant - 6
Ladapo - 8

Subs

Wylde - 5
Fox - 6
Taylor - 6

May 29, 2011
Bristol
As an Argyle fan living and working in Bristol that was particularly sweet.

We rode our luck a little but defended with spirit. I thought the spine of our team - Macey, Songo'o and Ladapo were immense. Carey seemed a little off colour but put in some important blocks when needed.

The ref was very inconsistent, usually in favour of City. I'd be interested to see their disallowed goal again though, which they seemed incensed about. Presumably offside?

I'd urge some caution that we weren't brilliantly convincing (apart from the three players mentioned) but it's certainly an encouraging win and a springboard for our season.

And the usual problem with a big away crowd - tiny, poorly staffed refreshment areas trying to keep up with the demands of 1000 thirsty and hungry Janners!

But let's just say I'm looking forward to work tomorrow...

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
Brilliant result. A big boost for the team - particularly for the new faces. Hoping now for a good draw

B

bristolgreenblood

Happy days a win at Ashton Gate is always welcome as I live in Bedminster. Very impressed with Macey in goal. Left it to late to get tickets from HP so had to buy from Ashton Gate on the night. Great view of our goal from the south stand and thought the referee was right to disallow the city goal in the second half. To be fair the city fans around agreed with the decision. Lets hope for a decent draw in the next round. :scarf:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davegreenarmy":96borwq1 said:
Thoroughly enjoyed the walk back to Bedminster surrounded by grumbling City fans.

A proper snatch and grab away win. Whilst grinding out with some exceptional blocking, in truth only a few of City’s shots ever looked truly dangerous.

Sadly for Eddy, Wootton looked a lot more comfortable with a left wider defender alongside him.

Ness my MOTM. He was outstanding, broke up the play well, and tried distributing forwards (rather than hoofing, like on Saturday) to try and create.

Another solid performance from Macey, who commands the box and collected every cross with ease utilising his height. A handy save near the end to keep us in front.

Ladapo also looked handy up front. Doesn’t have two left feet like some lone strikers, has strength and a bit of pace.

Songoo his normal Jekyll and Hyde self. A selection headache for DA on Saturday, but he along with everyone else tonight has earned their starting spot for Saturday.

Macey - 8
Moore - 7
Canavan - 7
Wootton - 7
Smith-Brown - 6
Ness - 9
Grant - 6
Songoo - 7
Carey - 6
Grant - 6
Ladapo - 8

Subs

Wylde - 5
Fox - 6
Taylor - 6

Can’t undserstand how you gave Moore a 7.. I thought he was shocking.. he had a bad gamed - backs off too much and afraid to tackle IMO.

Macey and Ladapo caught the eye for me.. I now don’t know who our best forward is based on tonight, which is great to have good competition for places.. I thought Canavan and Wooton looked solid at CB, I ‘d keep them together for the next game tbh.

Well done lads!! They all worked hard tonight which was pleasing and I think Adams got his tactics right. I’m really pleased.. hopefully a kind draw and maybe a cup run??

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thought Moore had a very good game. A couple of mistake early on bit apart from that, he impressed me again.

Jan 27, 2012
Ladapo worked really hard and it looked like he can hold the ball up reasonably well and has a bit of pace and trickery to his game. He’s very much of League One or Two standard, but can certainly offer something a bit different to the team.

Carey was again the best attacking player and was working his socks off tracking back and defending. This was necessary at times as I’m still not convinced about the centre backs- too slow in my opinion.

Argyle let Bristol City attack them for most of the second half and it was only last minute blocks and deflections that stopped goals being scored. I’d have rather Argyle kept possession instead of encouraging City onto them.

Good effort though.

Sep 25, 2010
Agree with all of the above.

What a difference to last Saturday, a better performance and commitment. Backed by a typical away following, great support, our passing was a lot better

Agree with one point, that our full backs tend to be too far away from the wingers they are marking , they seem to give them a bit too much space.

Nice stadium, to me Songo’o was absolutely outstanding,

Sep 13, 2003
CornishPaul":21fq367z said:
What's all this draw nonsence that's happening Thursday? Anyone know anything about it??

The draw takes place on Thursday at 7pm Paul. It is taking place before the Sunderland match and not China or Thailand like last season! It is unseeded but the draw will be a north/south divide
Any away tie from Palace/West Ham/Watford/Fulham/Millwall or Brentford please.

Nov 4, 2012
Just back. The commitment and effort of every player was outstanding. Very tired but very proud.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
PAFC94":ejes5hnq said:
Just back. The commitment and effort of every player was outstanding. Very tired but very proud.
Wot the man says.

Fair performance from The Green Army too! :scarf:

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Well after a winless run of 9 games watching Argyle, culminating in Saturday’s bore draw, didn’t expect much more than an honourable defeat tonight. So wrong, the boys defied expectation again by playing as a cohesive unit with lots of energy and the curse of Saturday’s wayward passing was virtually absent.
Now looking forward to seeing who we get in the next round in a competition I had no interest in a few hours ago.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Our first win of any kind in this competition since we beat Portsmouth’s kids in 2012. The one before that was in 2007.

And that’s our first away win in the League Cup since 1990?!

Aug 2, 2011
Good game to watch. Great ball from Carey into the box and cracking header from Songo for the goal. City always looked a bit pacier and sharper but lacked a quality striker up front.

Second half we increasingly fell back and it looked as though we would pay for it as they dominated possession. The last twenty minutes we looked very leggy and tired which raises qustions about the quality of pre season training and quality of pre season friendlies.

Overall a enjoyable win but lets not get carried away that we have a team who will be competing at the top of the league at the moment.