Wow September looks tough | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wow September looks tough

Feb 2, 2007
A Pompous
A Gas
H Blackpool
A Charlton
H Doncaster

Seems we have less pedigree and think we lost all those games equivalent last season.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Here’s for hashtag typoargo15ptsreturn

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
One possibility is that we win one of those and it changes the mentality of the team and its fortunes. I am hopeful but not expextant.

Feb 2, 2007
Green_Matt":vs5aw4d1 said:
One possibility is that we win one of those and it changes the mentality of the team and its fortunes. I am hopeful but not expextant.

Best "hope" is Gas who haven't had a great start and struggled to assemble a competent team. If we haven't won by then it will be October I reckon

Jul 12, 2016
The whole season looks tough. Anybody who thinks we will repeat last season's escape is deluded. DA already has a full squad to select from plus O'Keefe. There will be no other options until January

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Doesn't look that bad and there will be worse games.

Problem is we are in a complete mess with DA not even knowing his best XI or set up.

If we can't win against Rovers we are in real trouble though. They have lost all 3 of their home games this season and my gas head mates says they are really poor with no strikers and a poo keeper

Mar 14, 2009
Things changed around for Argyle last season by mid October. Toums had signed and we drew three and won two. There were a couple of blips in November but I would say if there are signs of life in our squad we will know by the end of October.

September may look tough on paper but l fear it would of been tough no matter who the opposition are.

Fans may have to be patient for another 6-7 weeks minimum because one player did make a difference and eventually lm sure Adams will find the right combinations to at least start this team picking up points.

However, last season was a special turn around. This season we can’t expect that again so it’s about survival.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Based on yesterday a point from those 5 matches would be pretty special.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
nick_PASTIE":2i9p80ob said:
A Pompous
A Gas
H Blackpool
A Charlton
H Doncaster

Seems we have less pedigree and think we lost all those games equivalent last season.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Here’s for hashtag typoargo15ptsreturn
Pompey will be difficult. I don't doubt that. But we do usually step it up a notch against them.
Bristol Rovers are hovering above the relegation zone and are yet to pick up a point at home. It would be quite disappointing not to get something from that game.
Blackpool have drawn both of their away games 0-0 so far so again we should be picking up something there.
Difficult to know how Charlton's squad is going to look at that point but they really don't have much depth and we could end up playing them at a good time.
Doncaster not been amazing away from home so far this season either.

On paper the run doesn't look that bad. That's not to say we'll do well next month, but November I'd say is the hardest looking month in 2018.

Jul 12, 2016
I admire the optimism. I know I tend to be in the "half empty club" but having followed Argyle for years this squad is one of the weakest I can remember. Still no strikers,slow midfield and error strewn defence.
A long way to go but I would consider us lucky to finish mid table based on current performances. In fact I don't look forward to going to Home Park anymore.