Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Last year we turned it around after a lock-in the changing room. I understand that Nathan Blissett was instrumental in bringing the team together. Time to do that again. Who's going to step up to the plate this time?

Apr 30, 2017
Name I heard was Joel Grant. This squad has enough leaders, and they'll surely step-up to the plate.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Pilgrim28":3i3uqzri said:
Name I heard was Joel Grant. This squad has enough leaders, and they'll surely step-up to the plate.

Could have been Joel Grant. I hope it was as he's still here and will hopefully do the same again. Lock that bleddy door Adams, don't open it until you've all sorted out whatever is going on behind the scenes.

Dec 19, 2009
Was hoping this would have happened after last week's drubbing, clearly it hasn't, which for me is worrying.

Mar 23, 2008
Can we not reverse it and lock in an opponents two centre half's do we actually have a defence?

Mar 14, 2009
I felt like last season we could stay in games.

We could have a lock in. Yet what we going to tackle first? The defence or the attack?

And yet l feel we have more options so are no worse of a position to get out of it this year.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Seems they did have a closed door session after the game.

R

rdr123

I hope this can be turned around like last season. But we have bigger problems than last season. No leader, woeful centre backs, an inexperienced keeper, attacking full backs that struggle to get back.

We've played 6 games and it seems Adam's is still unsure of what the starting 11 should be and the formation!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Sadly I think the chances of a repeat of last season are nil. I think that both Adams and the club's cheap and cheerful transfer strategy have been found out at this level. People seem to think that getting us promoted from the bottom division at the second attempt makes him some sort of messiah but even then the evidence was that we'd struggle against better teams as we quite often embarrassed (particularly at home) by teams with fluidity and movement. That's why there were posters bemoaning Adams tactics even during a promotion season whilst others were just happy that we were winning more than we lost. The long termists could see that even at that level Adams was painfully bereft of a plan B. More often than not games were won by a moment of brilliance by Carey in a division where it didn't matter if the opposition stuck 2 or 3 players around him.
Last season Adams did eventually abandon his favourite formula and played with more attacking intent for half a season, but he could afford to because he had put together a defence that was capable of dealing with swift counter attacks, albeit sometimes with last gasp heroics. I don't think we can underestimate the heroics of Matthews, Vyner or Threlkeld all of whom pulled off last ditch saves or goal line blocks in the last few weeks of the season. Two of those players were loans and one Adams fell out with and one went elsewhere because we wouldn't meet his wage requirements, and now the defence is significantly weaker meaning that even if Adams decides to go to a more attacking format our entirely new, cumbersome, calamitous Centre backs are going to be embarrassed by counter attacks over and over again.
The team can't defend so it can't attack

Jan 7, 2013
A good read hopefully it will do the trick - gutted with the start this season but still have no doubt we will be well clear of the drop come the end of the season.

Oct 16, 2016
They’re best off locking themselves in and staying there

You can’t polish a turd these lot are turds of monumental proportions. Simply not good enough