Target Travel | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Target Travel

Jul 14, 2005
It's being reported that Target Travel have had their operator's licence revoked with effect from midnight on October 27. If true, it's not only bad news for all the people who rely on their services in different parts of the city, but also a big blow for Argyle supporters who have benefited from the match day services for so long.

Anyone have any further info?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
As I understand Stagecoach is taking over the bus routes. The coaches are as normal. Anybody knows different perhaps they will post on PASOTI.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This is very old news and quite inaccurate really. I reckon a competitor is out there stirring the wotsit.

These days with all sorts of O' Licences (Operating Licences) with both PSV and LGV's you have to have an underwritten 'bond' to prove you can cope financially with anything legislation and law suits can throw at you.

In or around July, TT had their licence revoked because quite simply, they were too big for their own operation.

It's all been sorted, Target are going nowhere and they are operating far trimmer than they have been for a while and the new licence has been (and no doubt will be granted) for the new slim down version.

All the Argyle related stuff (Park and Rides and Team Coach) remain unaffected.

Move on nothing to see here.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":2k7fqikt said:
This is very old news and quite inaccurate really. I reckon a competitor is out there stirring the wotsit.

These days with all sorts of O' Licences (Operating Licences) with both PSV and LGV's you have to have an underwritten 'bond' to prove you can cope financially with anything legislation and law suits can throw at you.

In or around July, TT had their licence revoked because quite simply, they were too big for their own operation.

It's all been sorted, Target are going nowhere and they are operating far trimmer than they have been for a while and the new licence has been (and no doubt will be granted) for the new slim down version.

All the Argyle related stuff (Park and Rides and Team Coach) remain unaffected.

Move on nothing to see here.

That's what I thought.

Jul 14, 2005
Thanks Ian...it's good to hear. There was a story posted on social media yesterday which reported on the removal of the licence, creating a lot of concern.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Even the authority referred to them as 'generally compliant" and then hinted it was a technical revocation.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Typical council . Allowing a multinational to kick out a LOCAL RUN COMPANY. I live on the number 19 route which was stopped by city bus with no thought to the elderly residents on that route. Target Travel stepped in and then gets kicked in the teeth by out council. :furious:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Mike Greening":17o6dxvi said:
Typical council . Allowing a multinational to kick out a LOCAL RUN COMPANY. I live on the number 19 route which was stopped by city bus with no thought to the elderly residents on that route. Target Travel stepped in and then gets kicked in the teeth by out council. :furious:
Exactly...if it wasn't for the good folk at Target Travel many areas of Plymouth would have no bus service at all.