Youngsters at Coach Rd v Saltash Friday (Sept 21 7.30pm) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Youngsters at Coach Rd v Saltash Friday (Sept 21 7.30pm)

Feb 9, 2013
Argyle's next game in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division is a 'home' game against Saltash United at the Devon FA headquarters at Coach Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1EJ tomorrow (Friday September 21) ko 7.30pm.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gordon bennett":11ayv3eu said:
Argyle's next game in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division is a 'home' game against Saltash United at the Devon FA headquarters at Coach Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 1EJ tomorrow (Friday September 21) ko 7.30pm.
So disappointing that our reserve team have to play their 'home' matches over 30 miles away.

Is there any chance that, when the Manadon Hub is operational, our home matches could be played there?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
There are some of us who wonder if any of our young reserve squad (Fletcher, Battle, Sangster etc) are close to challenging for places in the first team squad.
It would be interesting to know how Smith-Brown, Tafari Moore and Dyson compare to our young pros.
Unfortunately, we play our home SWPL games away at Newton Abbot otherwise I am sure that more of us would support the team and make our own comparisons.
I realise that our opinions would not influence management but at least we could see the apparent ‘gap’ at first hand.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":26oht4o2 said:
There are some of us who wonder if any of our young reserve squad (Fletcher, Battle, Sangster etc) are close to challenging for places in the first team squad.
It would be interesting to know how Smith-Brown, Tafari Moore and Dyson compare to our young pros.
Unfortunately, we play our home SWPL games away at Newton Abbot otherwise I am sure that more of us would support the team and make our own comparisons.
I realise that our opinions would not influence management but at least we could see the apparent ‘gap’ at first hand.

They will be playing the Central League and PL Cup matches at Home Park and those matches will be a much better test to judge the youngsters than a SWPL game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Fair point but those games are more sparsely spread through the season. SWPL games seem to come ‘thick and fast’ and the players mentioned seem to often be selected for SWPL games.

To date, I think the only example where there was a ‘mix’ was the Central League game at Cheltenham. The PL Cup qualifier included all under 20’s in our team and it could be that the same will apply when we play Derby, Aston Villa and Bristol City.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
No Fletcher? Wonder if he’ll be in squad at Charlton?