"The stats don't lie..." | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

"The stats don't lie..."

Sep 8, 2018
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/septem ... rlton-a-1/

"Last week, against Blackpool, we had most attacks than any club throughout the league; we had most attacks on the flank than any club throughout the league. I look at the stats, I look at the data; I look at our position in the league; and I look at our play. We are not getting the breaks at this moment that our play deserves.We were the best attacking team in the league last week. People can say what they want, but the stats don’t lie."

Should we be applauding the manager's confidence in the face of adversity or despairing at his unwillingness to face the truth?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It`s as old as the game itself - it`s not the chances you make, it`s the chances you take. The only stat with meaning.

Mar 16, 2009
London
One thing’s for sure - not one of the players will be reading negative rubbish on social platforms, they’ll be focusing on that golden rule that always always holds true -

Keep making the chances and the breaks will come.

Apr 5, 2008
If we carry on creating chances like we did against Blackpool then we could go on a good run again,but it depends if this defence can be sorted out, I don’t feel we can win a game until it is.

We will need to score 3 goals to win a match as we concede 2 a game on average,yet we have scored only 4 goals all season ! It really is nightmare nightmare stuff at the moment :facepalm:

How close is this to our worst ever start :facepalm:

Oct 16, 2016
Justin":hi886k41 said:
One thing’s for sure - not one of the players will be reading negative rubbish on social platforms, they’ll be focusing on that golden rule that always always holds true -

Keep making the chances and the breaks will come.

Nonsense

May 16, 2016
Keep the long balls short, play the short ones long. Get in there, mix it up and stay on the ball. Keep your eyes open, stay tight, play loose. Score one more than them and you'll win more than lose.

Aug 5, 2016
It's not rubbish though is it?

Bristol Rovers away we were the better team. We missed some gilt edged chances, some bottled finishing that probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't bottom and the players weren't under pressure. Blackpool was the same, enough clear cut chances to win two or three games.

You don't sack a manager when the players are playing like this, trying hard, creating GOOD chances. We just need a bit of luck and momentum. Last season it just clicked, we got a draw and built on it, went months unbeaten. The season before, lose lose lose lose then about a record breaking winning streak.

It's no exaggeration to say in the cold light of day we're playing well with positivity and purpose, but when the chips are down those chances hit the post and the bar rather than clip it on the way into the net. The bad luck can't last like this forever.

COYG :scarf:

Mar 7, 2008
Although I thought Songoo was probably one of the better players last Saturday, play him in a home match rather than a more attacking player and you wont score many goals. The creation in midfield came from Fox last season. Adams seems to making out by looking at stats that this is an attacking team. Rubbish. Anyone there last Saturday could see even at 1-0 down, when Blackpool attacked everyone was back except Ladapo and then he was expected to work miracles when he had nobody around him. I think Pilgrim Pete was closest to him and he was behind the Barn Park End goal ! Then its the usual change.....one striker off and another on....like for like.....change nothing get nothing......as has previously been stated stats mean nothing when the score reads 0-1 !!!!

Oct 16, 2016
Knibbsworth":2tuwkm1r said:
It's not rubbish though is it?

Bristol Rovers away we were the better team. We missed some gilt edged chances, some bottled finishing that probably wouldn't have happened if we weren't bottom and the players weren't under pressure. Blackpool was the same, enough clear cut chances to win two or three games.

You don't sack a manager when the players are playing like this, trying hard, creating GOOD chances. We just need a bit of luck and momentum. Last season it just clicked, we got a draw and built on it, went months unbeaten. The season before, lose lose lose lose then about a record breaking winning streak.

It's no exaggeration to say in the cold light of day we're playing well with positivity and purpose, but when the chips are down those chances hit the post and the bar rather than clip it on the way into the net. The bad luck can't last like this forever.

COYG :scarf:

Absolute and total piffle

But I respect your optimism

Jul 12, 2016
" we're playing well with positivity and purpose", Knibbsworth are you actually attending games? We pass the balls sideways ,backwards and resort to hoofball. Without exception the opposition at Home Park this season make fewer passes at a quicker rate and outpace us.

Of course Adams has to talk a good game. What else can he do?He has to try to find some positives to give to the fans , the team and the board - but it must be hard! Anyone who was at the game last week would tell you that we didn’t look at all threatening as was the case with Peterborough and all of the other 6 games ( which my brain is protecting me from remembering)!

Sep 8, 2018
Saying we look threatening going forward just isn't credible to anybody who was actually at these games - especially Blackpool. Most telling was Argyle's approach when Blackpool went down to 9 men. I know there were only a couple of minutes left but even then they seemed clueless as to how to break Blackpool down by, you know, passing it around and playing through their depleted defence. Instead they were passing backwards and then launching long balls hopefully into the box. Against 9 men, really, is that they best we could manage? But of course the sacred 'stats' don't show that!