Argyle at Charlton - match day thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle at Charlton - match day thread

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
From a relatively mild mid north coast in Oz, come on Argyle FFS , cheer me up!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
this will be the surprise result of our division.charlton 2 argyle 3.this is the team i would put out;
letheren
ASB
sawyer
wootton
edwards
songo'o
lameiras
sarcevic
carey
freddie
fletcher.
SUBS: cooper,moore,fox,sangster joel grant.

Apr 5, 2008
We have had the odd good result at Charlton away over the years,.I remember watching us

beating Charlton when they played at Selhurst Park,why were they playing at Palaces ground ,I can’t remember !

Our season ended after thst dreadful performance at Charlton last season,maybe our season starts today.2-1 Argyle :scarf:

Feb 24, 2008
Get battered today as Adams edges ever closer to the Boot ! With Doncaster ( H ) & Barnsley ( A ) to follow it should be done and dusted by early October giving the new man plenty of time to turn things around with a fresh approach !

Sorry !

Apr 5, 2008
:sigh: That’s it throw in the towel before the game has started,let’s hope the players have a different mentality to yours.

Sep 6, 2006
We COULD snatch a draw if we get the first goal. Most of us are expecting defeat but surely if we went there took the game to them played positively it would assuage some of the criticism . Defeat with honour.

Sep 8, 2018
Balham_Green":2javjv64 said:
We COULD snatch a draw if we get the first goal. Most of us are expecting defeat but surely if we went there took the game to them played positively it would assuage some of the criticism . Defeat with honour.

I fully expect Adams to steal those last 2 sentences for use in his post-match press conference!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
moles40":1zp180p9 said:
We have had the odd good result at Charlton away over the years,.I remember watching us

beating Charlton when they played at Selhurst Park,why were they playing at Palaces ground ,I can’t remember !

Our season ended after thst dreadful performance at Charlton last season,maybe our season starts today.2-1 Argyle :scarf:

Administration in 1984 and couldn't afford to play at the Valley for 7 years...completely rebuilt and look at it now.

Greetings from a surviving country of Super Typhoon "Ompong" !

Don't worry, I am OK.

The way things are going so far, I cannot see much difference BUT that's when things are likely to change ?

Football IS a funny ol' game !

The best I can hope for is a 1-0 win but realistically I will go for a 1-0 win :whistle:

Cannot listen/watch as I am not on iFollow - do I want to be ?

Good luck to ALL those travelling to SE London.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
moles40":3p0dc4sc said:

They left the Valley in 1985. I think it was in the wake of the Bradford fire and the Football League was concerned about safety at the Valley. The club were on hard times - I think they may have been just out of administration when they were forced to move. Selhurst Park made it the third ground where Argyle had played an away game against Charlton. In the early 20s after two seasons at the Valley Charlton spent a season at the Mount. We beat them 1-0 on Easter Monday 1924. On 03 November 1990 we played them at Selhurst and beat them 1-0. And we made a fourth visit to a different away ground - on 04 April 1992 we drew 0-0 at the Boleyn Ground. I don't think there are too many teams where we have played them away on four different grounds. And quite remarkably, in the three games away from the Valley we were unbeaten and did not concede a goal!!

robin

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 4, 2011
memory man":nn9wg3sb said:
moles40":nn9wg3sb said:

They left the Valley in 1985. I think it was in the wake of the Bradford fire and the Football League was concerned about safety at the Valley. The club were on hard times - I think they may have been just out of administration when they were forced to move. Selhurst Park made it the third ground where Argyle had played an away game against Charlton. In the early 20s after two seasons at the Valley Charlton spent a season at the Mount. We beat them 1-0 on Easter Monday 1924. On 03 November 1990 we played them at Selhurst and beat them 1-0. And we made a fourth visit to a different away ground - on 04 April 1992 we drew 0-0 at the Boleyn Ground. I don't think there are too many teams where we have played them away on four different grounds. And quite remarkably, in the three games away from the Valley we were unbeaten and did not concede a goal!!

As interesting as ever MM, I wonder which other teams we have played on 4+ away grounds? Maybe Bristol Rovers?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I`d settle for any kind of draw, the triumph of hope over expectation?