Paul Wotton - Defensive Disaster? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paul Wotton - Defensive Disaster?

Danknight98

✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2016
I can't be the only person wondering what Paul Wotton actually does on the training ground to defensively prepare the team for every weekend, or does he not have any input at all?

I know that the player haven't been performing either but there has to be some accountability from the coaching staff surely?
Can anyone enlighten me is Wotton actually does any defensive coaching with the players or if he plays much of a role at all?

Extremely concerning from our opening 9 games we've conceded 15 goals, with only one clean sheet. :sigh:

Mar 23, 2008
He was there last season, the difference is the personnel. Bradley, Vyner and Threlkeld are much missed.

May 3, 2016
I agree with Steve Evans, it worries me this may be the cheapest option - green blood etc etc
:doh:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I saw him doing the pre game drill and I was actually quite impressed I think he's a great coach, and remember everybody wanted him back as a coach in the first place because he is a legend.

I think the defending is more down to Adams. He is the manager he has to take responsibility for it.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I wonder how much losing Brewster has effected us.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
r4h4al":1kyib238 said:
I saw him doing the pre game drill and I was actually quite impressed I think he's a great coach, and remember everybody wanted him back as a coach in the first place because he is a legend.

I think the defending is more down to Adams. He is the manager he has to take responsibility for it.
did we do the ring a ring a roses with the royal marine at the start of the second half please?i see no merit in that at all!

May 3, 2016
Paul Mariner was a legend look what happened to him.

Pep could coach this team and we still lose, they are not fit to wear the shirt, like it or lump it they are Derek's men, relegated by Xmas, and please not Wotton to take over, another disaster waiting to happen.

Apr 1, 2009
r4h4al":2lx8t2wt said:

Not the case. I certainly didn't want him back "because he is a legend". I am happy to have him if he's a decent defensive coach, but his playing record here should be of no consequence. Incidentally why do you think he's "a great coach"?

When Adams goes, whether that be on Monday or in 2025, there will be a group of fans demanding that Wotton should replace him. The arguments will be "He's a Legend", "He bleeds green", "He knows the club", "It's his turn" etc. If he's genuinely the best available candidate he should get the job, otherwise he shouldn't. Cut out the sentimental BS.

Oct 16, 2016
When Adams goes he needs to take his entourage with him

New man, or woman should bring their own staff