RB Major Issue | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RB Major Issue

Oct 14, 2015
Just got back from Charlton game and after the home game last week against Blackpool we really need to sort out the right back position. Last week Riley had a terrible game although bit better 2nd half but today Smith-Brown was, in my opinion, very weak. Lacks confidence, doesn’t seem to know what to do when he gets the ball and just wants rid of it right away and lacks total composure. Adams seems to have tried everyone but the problem still exists. Until this position is sorted we’ll continue to be weak defensively.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think Moore is the best of what we've got I think he'll improve whereas Riley has no pace and that would never change.

Bit bizarre that SB was there today. I like him as a LB which is what everybody wanted for today's game.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah, I wasn’t impressed with Smith-Brown.

Is he left footed or not? I had assumed he was, but he was even taking free kicks with his right.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think S-B can use both feet to be fair.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":un834wx7 said:
Just got back from Charlton game and after the home game last week against Blackpool we really need to sort out the right back position. Last week Riley had a terrible game although bit better 2nd half but today Smith-Brown was, in my opinion, very weak. Lacks confidence, doesn’t seem to know what to do when he gets the ball and just wants rid of it right away and lacks total composure. Adams seems to have tried everyone but the problem still exists. Until this position is sorted we’ll continue to be weak defensively.
welwyn,did the argyle players do the ring a ring a roses dance with the royal marine before the start of the second half?

Jul 2, 2014
I though SB had a really good match. He was targeted by Charlton because they know we have been weak there. However, SB didn’t let players get around him, showed a lot of pace, a blocked a lot of attempted passes. I have no problem letting him develop there.

Oct 14, 2015
Can't say I noticed that :funny: :funny: ....however I actually thought Wylde did ok when he came on considering his lack of first team action. Made a great block late in the game but also brings a bit of pace to an otherwise pedestrian back line. Now if we convert Sawyer to a RB ......or get Joel to play the wingback role on the right ??

Apr 1, 2009
oke buoy":34zsy3ou said:
Should stick with tafari, great potential

We're not in the situation where we can pick a side on individual potential. We need them to perform now, not in 2 years.

On ASB, I agree with Steve Evans that he has ability, and he's closer to the finished article than TM. I wasn't there today, but some of the comments on a young player playing in a less familiar position seem a bit harsh.

Oct 14, 2015
xmastree":3mx50l4t said:
oke buoy":3mx50l4t said:
Should stick with tafari, great potential

We're not in the situation where we can pick a side on individual potential. We need them to perform now, not in 2 years.

On ASB, I agree with Steve Evans that he has ability, and he's closer to the finished article than TM. I wasn't there today, but some of the comments on a young player playing in a less familiar position seem a bit harsh.

Don't think I was being harsh Xmas just honest in my opinion how he played today, next week he maybe MOM but on today's performance I thought he was weak.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
The right wing was pretty evidently our weaker side.

We need to get the ball into the opposition box a lot quicker, we are taking too much time and too many passes to get the ball across.

For most of the game we were in for a result, but were battered for the last throws of the game and the goal concession was coming.

Agree Wylde was an influence on the wing.

But for gods leave a player on the halfway line when defending a corner to give us at least a chance of an out ball.

Nice save on the penalty.

Aug 4, 2011
We continually got carved up down the wings. We played far too narrow, and the number of 50 yard Crossfield balls they made was unbelievable! We need to cut out the service to opposition wingers, otherwise we will stay in bottom place.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
They've got potential but I don't think either Tafari Moore or Smith-Brown are at the stages of their careers where they're defensively astute enough to play as out and out full backs in a League as physical as this one, remember they've spent most of their time in the game so far at City & Arsenal, both clubs with an attacking philosophy based massively on neat passing football, I'm not saying they won't get the hang of it but they've got a lot to learn about the other side to the game. This is why I'm drawn more and more to the idea of a 3 man defence & wing backs, at this stage that's how to best utilise the pair of them.

Feb 8, 2005
Cobi Budge":ps89li1b said:
They've got potential but I don't think either Tafari Moore or Smith-Brown are at the stages of their careers where they're defensively astute enough to play as out and out full backs in a League as physical as this one, remember they've spent most of their time in the game so far at City & Arsenal, both clubs with an attacking philosophy based massively on neat passing football, I'm not saying they won't get the hang of it but they've got a lot to learn about the other side to the game. This is why I'm drawn more and more to the idea of a 3 man defence & wing backs, at this stage that's how to best utilise the pair of them.

Where are you going to get your three centre backs from, Cobi?