Claptrap! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Claptrap!

Dec 2, 2010
Can the club and Adams please cut all the poo! Say nothing as all you are doing is adding to the woes.

Stop all press interviews....no one believes we think we're hard done by, unlucky, the stats....the only thing that counts is results.

Stop all the rubbish on the website.....how we're up for it since Rovers (3 games, 1 point) and three wins this week in the local leagues... like it's some sort of portent!

STOP all this green tinted delusion. Last season counts for nothing.

STOP teams scoring against us. We cannot keep a clean sheet and that means one goal will never be enough.

START winning....that's all that matters.

Call it as it is. Adams must be judged by his results and increasingly there are questions about his style. You earn arrogance. The lack of humility is embarrassing. This is an abysmal start and we are going down unless the manager changes it . Adams feels no pressure! Unbelievable! What sort of attitude does that convey!

Illness, putting food on the table....we all have to deal with that...and the crap results every single week!

This isn't good enough and there is no reason why we should just grin and bear it.

Turn the pressure up. Take it in and turn it into results....or...

Oct 31, 2015
Pilgrim61":ydzj6coc said:
Stop all press interviews....no one believes we think we're hard done by, unlucky, the stats....the only thing that counts is results.

Stop all the rubbish on the website.....how we're up for it since Rovers (3 games, 1 point) and three wins this week in the local leagues... like it's some sort of portent!

STOP teams scoring against us. We cannot keep a clean sheet and that means one goal will never be enough.

Call it as it is. Adams must be judged by his results and increasingly there are questions about his style. You earn arrogance. The lack of humility is embarrassing. This is an abysmal start and we are going down unless the manager changes it . Adams feels no pressure! Unbelievable! What sort of attitude does that convey!

This isn't good enough and there is no reason whi we should just grin and bear it.

Hear hear. Enough is enough.

Actions speak louder than words Argyle

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
It’s Saturday night, so time for the doubters to share their views and angst against Derek’s wisdom.

Come Sunday lunch time all the green tints will have seen something in the way we played to convince them not only we’ve turned the corner but we’ll make the play offs.

It’s like Groundhog Day on this forum. So want this to end, oh god please make it end. A win, Dereks resignation, 6 teams entering administration, alien invasion, whatever.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
My view is that DA has been a good manager working on a small budget and deserves a few more games.

He’s stated he’s got a bottom half L1 budget (last season it was 16th) so I read that as a mid-table budget.

After losing to Charlton we are now 4poibts from safety... if it goes to a 6pt gap between us and 21st I’d severe ties.

Jul 12, 2016
"We are a team that takes the game to other people. We've done that this season" Says it all !

Dec 2, 2010
I was very drunk when I wrote this last night. I thought about deleting some of the rants. But that's often when you're the most honest about how you feel.

There are teams with lot less resource doing better than us.
There are teams with less talented squads doing better than us.
There are teams with less successful managers doing better than us.

We have played 20% of the season and got 3 points! It's now one win in 15 league games.

We are on course to be worse than last season's 5 points from 12 games.

The table doesn't lie. We are currently one of the worst teams in the football league, incapable of winning a game.

Oct 5, 2013
We need to play with a striker from the start of the game, i.e. someone who can "strike", meaning a "goalscorer". We only play with a front man, without a striker.
We seem to be playing well, but it's pretty clear to me that the absence of a striker is the reason we're not scoring goals, which as DA himself says, is what the problem is.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
There’s only one striker we’ve got at the club who can score goals imo. His name is Fletcher.

He’ll not start matches tho as that would mean changing formation/tactics.

Oct 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":21jp4njr said:
There’s only one striker we’ve got at the club who can score goals imo. His name is Fletcher.

He’ll not start matches tho as that would mean changing formation/tactics.
Agree totally

Feb 23, 2008
352 then.

Or just a 442.

Anything that would enable a finisher to play alongside someone who can hold the ball up.

How many front men have we seen fall out of favour because they don't fit the system?

But this is all we were saying last season, so who knows.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d love to see us play 2 up front (Fletcher and Ladapo) with Carey free role behind the front two.

Apr 9, 2011
rsp4":mbceht3f said:
Pilgrim61":mbceht3f said:

This isn't good enough and there is no reason whi we should just grin and bear it.

Hear hear. Enough is enough.

Actions speak louder than words Argyle
Well said agree entirely

May 26, 2015
Pilgrim61":2m4cjuhi said:
Can the club and Adams please cut all the poo! Say nothing as all you are doing is adding to the woes.

Illness, putting food on the table....we all have to deal with that...and the crap results every single week!

This isn't good enough and there is no reason why we should just grin and bear it.

Turn the pressure up. Take it in and turn it into results....or...

I so much agree with you Pilgrim 61. I'm too depressed, football wise, to respond to those who think everything is fine.

The performance at Charlton was better, because of slightly improved balance in the team. Fletcher/Dyson a must for a starting place, with Freddie, at home to Doncaster.