dereks assistants | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

dereks assistants

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
personally i think derek has made a huge mistake here in employing messrs wooton,nancekivelle and the ex royal marine bloke (anybody know his job title?).the team this evening were largely abject excluding tafari,fletcher and lameiras who bust a gut for the lost cause.i don't rate these three "on the spot"employees as they have not learned their craft at clubs much farther down the pyramid.please people,spare the details about "they've got their badges"any adult can get them!get rid of these three now derek and then look in the mirror.argyle were second best by miles tonight. :furious:

Mar 8, 2016
Itā€™s the cheap option. Buy cheap, buy twice. Twice being wotton and nance. To be honest Adams is the manager, the buck stops with him. I donā€™t think tonight is the time to be chasing people out of Home park with our pitch forks. It will be a much better performance this Saturday, Iā€™m confident of that.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1tcs1hyw said:
Phil Sloggett":1tcs1hyw said:
Iā€™ve said it before, I wonder if Adams regrets picking up the phone and telling Craig Brewster not to bother coming back into work...

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ve-1630801
at the time it seemed a very personal sleight on craig which still rings true to me.please anybody what is the role of the ex royal marine?
Ollie Osborne has played an important part for Plymouth Argyle in pre-season in his role of first team strength and conditioning coach.

Herald

Sep 6, 2006
Keepitgreen":9uxf6fwv said:
Steve Evans":9uxf6fwv said:
Phil Sloggett":9uxf6fwv said:
Iā€™ve said it before, I wonder if Adams regrets picking up the phone and telling Craig Brewster not to bother coming back into work...

at the time it seemed a very personal sleight on craig which still rings true to me.please anybody what is the role of the ex royal marine?
Ollie Osborne has played an important part for Plymouth Argyle in pre-season in his role of first team strength and conditioning coach.

Herald

Well that made a big difference.

Feb 2, 2007
This is probably the most sensible thread Mr Evans has set up all season. Undermined ever so slightly by backing our young talent. Fletch isn't up to it, mate, move on with that one.

Anyway, yes we need a proper backroom.

One point-to-point Paul Wotton (I presume you mean him and not Scott Wootton, unless he's been reassigned to a more appropriate deskjob?) Played at a decent level for Southampton. And he's experienced all levels of prof. Football. Does Frank Lampard have to go to Barrow Town for 2 seasons? Etc. I don't agree they have to learn at the very bottom.

Derek without Brewster is a bit like Clough without Peter Taylor. In many ways Adams reminds me of Cloughie without the alcohol abuse.

Sep 6, 2006
nick_PASTIE":346vccmw said:
This is probably the most sensible thread Mr Evans has set up all season. Undermined ever so slightly by backing our young talent. Fletch isn't up to it, mate, move on with that one.

One point-to-point Paul Wotton (I presume you mean him and not Scott Wootton, unless he's been reassigned to a more appropriate deskjob?) Played at a decent level for Southampton. And he's experienced all levels of prof. Football. Does Frank Lampard have to go to Barrow Town for 2 seasons? Etc. I don't agree they have to learn at the very bottom.

Derek without Brewster is a bit like Clough without Peter Taylor. In many ways Adams reminds me of Cloughie without the alcohol abuse.

And without the personality.

Apr 1, 2009
Wasn't Wotton's time with Southampton when they were in L1? I think the highest level he played at was with Argyle.

It all seems a bit random to me to blame it on the backroom. From what I see of DA, it's him who calls the shots and his assistants merely implement what the boss wants. If they don't do this to his satisfaction then he presumably can get rid of them - as he did with Brewster. I've no idea whether Wotton and co are good at what they do, but this looks like an attempt to deflect the flak away from Adams, with whom the ultimate responsibility surely has to lie.

Sep 6, 2006
xmastree":2v27lhxm said:
Wasn't Wotton's time with Southampton when they were in L1? I think the highest level he played at was with Argyle.

It all seems a bit random to me to blame it on the backroom. From what I see of DA, it's him who calls the shots and his assistants merely implement what the boss wants. If they don't do this to his satisfaction then he presumably can get rid of them - as he did with Brewster. I've no idea whether Wotton and co are good at what they do, but this looks like an attempt to deflect the flak away from Adams, with whom the ultimate responsibility surely has to lie.

If they just implement what he wants and don't add any value may as well put Pilgrim Pete on the bench and save the money.

Dec 3, 2005
nick_PASTIE":3von4cug said:

I assume you are joking - comparing Adams to Brian Clough!!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Keepitgreen":rp5uwltk said:
Steve Evans":rp5uwltk said:
Phil Sloggett":rp5uwltk said:

Herald
thanks for the information.what an utterly bizarre appointment. :facepalm: i forgot to mention in my opening post about questioning rhys willmot!what has he brought to our club?it all seems a bit to "pally" at home park at the moment! :sigh:

May 16, 2016
Steve Evans":2g5lx6ec said:
Keepitgreen":2g5lx6ec said:
Steve Evans":2g5lx6ec said:
Phil Sloggett":2g5lx6ec said:

Herald
thanks for the information.what an utterly bizarre appointment. :facepalm: i forgot to mention in my opening post about questioning rhys willmot!what has he brought to our club?it all seems a bit to "pally" at home park at the moment! :sigh:

You've left out the Kit Man. Anyone else wonder if he's taken into account things like Players with allergies to certain soap products. Try playing with an itchy back and other areas and you'll not be so effective. It's this lack of professionalism that rankles. I bet he's never considered a cool wash or is aware that some machines have a 15 minute cycle these days. I agree it's all a bit 'matey' att the moment.