Oxford up next | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Oxford up next

Oct 16, 2016
Perhaps their abject season (so far) will be the fortune Argyle need?

I’m travelling up for the game and then onwards for a Jeff Lyne ELO gig in his home town, SO I’ll have a good end to the day even if the potentially sad football experience reflects the season so far

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Oxford beaten 2-1 at home by Northampton in the waste of time Cup tonight.

As an aside, Stevenage beaten 8-0 at home by Charlton.

A bad result for us on Saturday will see a rather poisonous atmosphere on here I fear.

Feb 2, 2007
Oxford have a poor manager but a generally promising team. Eastwood, Nelse, James Henry, Marcus Browne (loaner from West Ham), Baptiste, young direct midfielder- all quality players. Also Gavin Whyte who scored for N Ireland on his debut. They lack a striker and a coherent system . Robinson is a scam artist of a manager who does self publicity well enough but no one at Oxford I know is convinced.

They have drawn with Sunderland, comfortably beaten Burton, gave Man City a decent game in the League Cup but suffered abject defeats to Walsall, Pompey, Coventry (sound familiar!) And tonight really won't have helped as the fans h8 Northampton, although nowhere near as much as Scumdon (boooooo!)

So Argyle are predictably boring and poor this season. Oxford are unpredictably poor with elements of wow, flattering to deceive. It's a great time to have an emotional attachment to these two wonderful football teams, as you can imagine.

Mar 8, 2016
samjones":jgftw368 said:
God help us !

Another must win game and DA has no idea how we are going to achieve it IMHO

Based on tonight he has completely lost the plot

How has he lost the plot based on tonight? That’s a ridiculous comment. He kept the same back four, keeping a bit of much needed continuity, he rested key players, he gave players coming back from injury some match time. His selection in my opinion was correct. The performances tonight by some players was embarrassing, they need to take a large part of the blame tonight I’m afraid.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I reckon we all know all to well how teams on abject losing runs do when they play Argo. So, for that reason and the conviction that the win against Wimbledon was a fortunate blip, I'm sadly seeing a 2-1 loss. By 'eck, it'll be pretty toxic on here come 5pm on Saturday should that happen! :silent:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I went to the pre season friendly, Oxford v Palace and I am surprised to see them where they are right now. Palace won that day but Oxford were good and their pressing was exceptional, even to the final minutes. I seriously thought they would be battling at the other end of the table.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
dreading this match after the misery of last night.i hope oxford don't have pace in their side as we have some of the slowest players i can remember playing for us. :cry:

A few of us eagerly making the trip over for this one. Looking forward to visiting a few old uni haunts in the center for a few proper ales, before catching the bus out to the Kassam (oh how I miss the days of the Manor Ground). Plenty of fantastic pubs in central Oxford, with last season Argyle fans seemingly spread across all of them. With the lack of decent watering holes around the ground (avoiding the bowling alley), expect we will also try and grab a swift beer at the ground itself if we can beat the traffic into the industrial estate.

With Oxford similarly struggling, this should make for an interesting game. with both teams desperate for a win it could develop into a cagey affair. That being said, an early goal could open it up into a free flowing game of end-to-end football - it seems both teams are playing decent football but just not getting results. I'm plumping for an Argyle win, Ladapo to bag a couple as he steals a march towards League 1 Top Goal Scorer. Oxford 0 - 2 Argyle.

See you there :scarf:

Oct 20, 2015
I’m there. Just checked the forecast, we should be dry but it’s windy. Let’s hope the wind blows it into their goal for a flukey 0-1 win.

We can’t even sing about them only having 3 stands, because that’s the same amount as us this season.

Oct 20, 2015
The ground is out of town. When we went last time there was parking when we arrived at 1:00 but it soon went. There is some sort of bar restaurant place next to the ground but I haven’t tried it so can’t comment.

I seem to remember going one year and parking on a nearby housing estate so that might be back up plan.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008