PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
An absolute shambles!

The second half performance was the worst I've seen for years, the administration team from 2011 had more fight than this lot.

The game ended with Argyle fans chanting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'.

Bizarrely, Derek Adams strolled around the dug out area long after all players and officials had left the pitch. He was alone and was there for a good 10 minutes, maybe collecting his thoughts before speaking to the players?
It really was odd to see.

O'Keefe just strolled around the pitch offering no challenge or effort.
The biggest cheer from the Argyle fans was when Macey actually caught a ball. He really was poor, his kicking nearly always found the touch line, his saves were pushed back into the danger area and he was totally scared of the ball.

Lameiras went missing, great when he has the ball but a liability when we need players in the trenches.

Moore started well but fell apart although he was probably our best player.

After all his problems it's such a shame to see Edwards reduced to this awful performance. He was nervous all game and his early mistake gave Oxford an early goal.
He should have been replaced at half time as should Smith-Brown who was on one and a half yellow cards by the 45th minute.

The really sad thing is that Oxford were not that good but if they had been wearing their shooting boots they would have scored 5 or 6 as the shots were unloaded towards Macey.
Of course, Mackie and Nelson had to score.

We did have a good spell for about 15 minutes in the first half when we created a few chances but Ladapo (twice) and O'Keefe with a shot from 10 yards could not convert.
But you can't play well for just 15 minutes!

The Argyle fans were generously restrained for most of the game before letting rip with gallows humour (que sara, sara. ... we're going to Forest Green) and letting the players know exactly what we think of them.

We also had a red card for Songo'o, some of our tackles were dirty and desperate.

Adams is obviously under pressure and by staying in the dug out at the end was a strange thing to see but no manager can justify the performance of the players in that second half.

They let us down! Tactics and formations don't matter when the players can't be bothered.

Man of the match by default - Moore.

Macey 3, Moore 6, Edwards 3, P Grant 5, Smith-Brown 5, Songo'o 5, Fox 5, Carey 5, O'Keefe 3, Lameiras 4, Ladapo 5. Subs J Grant 5, Wylde 5, Canavan 5.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Terrible team! And that was Oxford.

What does that say about us?

Aug 11, 2013
Players should hang their heads in shame. I don’t know what’s going at HP but the fans deserve better. DA has proved he can be an excellent manager. I’d turn to the youth now. I’d send a couple of the players out to speak to the press.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Don't write any more PL2.

This season is a massive disappointment so far. There has to be a change in personnel on pitch or tactical approach now. If the "seasoned" pros aren't bothered then let a couple of enthusiastic kids have a go.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
arrythewurzel":17v0v0q2 said:
Players should hang their heads in shame. I don’t know what’s going at HP but the fans deserve better. DA has proved he can be an excellent manager. I’d turn to the youth now.
Where?

That purple patch we had last season ran itself. We stumbled on a formation and the players clicked. It’s was self sufficient to a degree.

Am excellent manager doesn’t do what he has start/end of last season and all of this one.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Speaking literally, what’s going on at HP is complete instability both physically and in the running of the club.

Both on and off the pitch, we just can’t get any foundation or consistency going. Of which of course Adams has to take major responsibility as well.

Colour me very worried, but we ARE only four points off safety with 33 games to go.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think we should try Canavan and P. Grant as CBs as Edwards’s gets woefully exposed and is not assured on the ball.

Need to play a midfield 3 of Fox, Ness and Sarcevic against Burton.

Not sure if I can add anything constructive, I’m just so angry at our performance.

Adams and the players don’t deserve the great away support we had for this game.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
ealinggreen":3c77l56s said:
I think Adams may resign.

Hope so. But I can’t see it myself.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
ealinggreen":kyg4sdbf said:
I think Adams may resign.
I think there’s more chance of us being having another EU referendum

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
Awful game made Oxford look good, agree with Pl2 O’Keefe does nothing, apart from missing an open goal from 6 yards. None of the players could tackle without committing a foul. Then Two former players score to add insult to injury. Very poor performance by all throughout. When we were two nil down he replaces Ruben with a defender when Carey did nothing all match. Sorry to say at the moment we are nailed on certs for relegation if these performances continue.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
WTF were today's subs all about?

Wylde for ASB when 1-0 down - why not put on an attacking player?
Then Canavan on for Rubes on 83. To shut up shop? To concede fewer? What message does this give out to the players on the pitch?

Adams, like in many second half's, gets outplayed tactically by oppo manager. Ox figured us out, shut us out, overran us and won easily.

Jan 18, 2007
Today I have witnessed the type of player we once had and the standard of player we have now. Edward's looks a shadow of the player before the cancer, but he doesn't pick the team or sign the contracts. With this dire defensive style of football with this defence is suicidal. #Edited by Admin - poor taste indeed!# Today's result was inevitable as were the scorers. I'm of home to cry myself to sleep AGAIN. Best forward line in the league what team is Adam's watching he's deluded. ADAMS OUT NOW

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
greenplumber":1a97a6mp said:
Awful game made Oxford look good, agree with Pl2 O’Keefe does nothing, apart from missing an open goal from 6 yards. None of the players could tackle without committing a foul. Then Two former players score to add insult to injury. Very poor performance by all throughout. When we were two nil down he replaces Ruben with a defender when Carey did nothing all match. Sorry to say at the moment we are nailed on certs for relegation if these performances continue.

I’ve absolutely no idea why we signed O’Keefe.