Drastic changes need to be made | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drastic changes need to be made

Feb 27, 2011
United Kingdom
Keeper out, centre backs have no pace, Ruben constantly giving the ball away, O'keefe doesn't look fit, Carey not getting close enough to target man, i could go on, Dereck is the man to sort this, use the local talent nothing to lose

Jul 13, 2006
Westbury Green":13b0v8xq said:
Keeper out, centre backs have no pace, Ruben constantly giving the ball away, O'keefe doesn't look fit, Carey not getting close enough to target man, i could go on, Dereck is the man to sort this, use the local talent nothing to lose
On what basis is he the man to sort this? And who is this Dereck?

Feb 27, 2011
United Kingdom
foreigner":4jtj94qp said:
Westbury Green":4jtj94qp said:
Derek is committed to his job and will sort it he doesn't give up as we have seen in previous seasons we have had more difficult times than this and survived

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Westbury Green":10bpdblq said:
foreigner":10bpdblq said:
Westbury Green":10bpdblq said:
Derek is committed to his job and will sort it he doesn't give up as we have seen in previous seasons we have had more difficult times than this and survived

We are 13 games in and there are NO signs of progress. If anything todays was the worst performance of the season.

DA got lucky last year and it ain't happening again

#RELEGATIONISNAILEDON

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
There it is, the famous hashtag, time to bet

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We don’t need free flowing attacking football.

We need someone to take this team back to basics. Start from the beginning.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Westbury Green":1km9b38t said:

Nonsense

Derek has caused this through horrendous recruitment, poor tactics, stubbornness and poor leadership

His team, His Tactics, His mess

Time to go and bring somebody else in to try and fix this god awful mess

Feb 27, 2011
United Kingdom
hoovermelon":10gfb69l said:
Westbury Green":10gfb69l said:

Nonsense

Derek has caused this through horrendous recruitment, poor tactics, stubbornness and poor leadership

His team, His Tactics, His mess

Time to go and bring somebody else in to try and fix this god awful mess
What is nonsense, keeper no good O'keefe not fit, centre backs too slow and Ruben gives the ball away and won't tackle back, that is all his budget allows players of that quality, we have youth waiting time to use there skills, nothing to loose

Feb 8, 2005
We cannot change personnel, and only in January can we bring anyone else in (I know we can bring in someone without a Club, but at this stage of the season why hasn't anyone else got him?)

We have the worst goal difference in the division, and as we don't have a prolific goalscorer we have to start with defending well.

Macey has lost his confidence at the moment, but is a better prospect than Letheren, who has not had enough games to be anything other than sat on the bench, and here is time for Macey to get up to speed again. In any case Burgoyne will be back before the year end, and although we don't know what he is like, he was Adam's first choice, and will either take over (with Macey returning to his home club), or will be a better choice of competition to Macey that Letheren.

I'm afraid Edwards and Wootton have shown they are not good enough, so the middle pair have to be Canavan and P Grant who have yet to play regularly together to be given time to form a partnership. Other pairings have failed to produce, and a left footer and right footer have to be paired together, it doesn't work else.

The full backs can be interchangeable but Smith-Brown and Moore are young (which can sometimes be a good thing), with Riley, and Sawyer when fit, bringing experience rather than pace when required (dependent on the opposition).

Ness is a must in midfield, as is Sarcevic, but only when fully fit, Fox for home games and Songoo for away games. O'Keefe is too lightweight for me, and Connor Grant does try and is a good replacement on the bench.

The creators and forwards are interchangeable for me. Carey can be a game changer, but he needs to do the normal things well and then he can do the special stuff. He gives away the ball far too much for my liking, but the opposition have sussed him out and know how to nullify him. Lamerias has been slightly better for this but he does not have the muscle and gets shoved off the ball too easily.

Until Taylor gets back fit we have to go with Ladapo. Carey and Lamerias will have to learn that he does not want the ball at his feet, like Taylor does, and that they have to play the ball for him to run onto.

We also need a box to box midfielder to get into the opposition box when Carey and Lamerias are out wide together, as Ladapo cannot cope on his own. Sarcevic is ideal in this position, but only when match fit, which is the only time he can be effective getting up and back, as he tends to fade otherwise.

We aren't going to win the league, we more than probably won't even get into the top half, but we just need to avoid the bottom four places this season, and there are plenty of games left, but we need to find a settled back four to give us some impetus to get where we want to be.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
If Ladapo is to be given balls to run on to he then needs another player who will get in the box and know what to do when Ladapo plays the ball in. This is what is known as a striker. Adams doesn't use strikers. He had Reuben Reid and couldn't even get him to play well. I think last season's form improved when Lameiras and Carey played more advanced roles and pressed high. This seems to be missing but surely it would give our defence some much needed relief? It would also make for more exciting viewing. I really don't see a good reason for not doing it.

Jan 30, 2017
Steve Evans":1v7tpmve said:
the problem is he will not play the young lads who deserve a chance.

What are you basing this 'deserve a chance' on? Who would you stick in? Fletch is anonymous at this level and isn't he more or less the pick of that crop?

The real shame is that we didn't use Taylor more before his ankles gave up.

Sep 15, 2012
Steve Evans":3msrj22z said:
the problem is he will not play the young lads who deserve a chance.

Steve my old pal, please don't tell me you mean Fletcher remember our bet.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The young players must earn a chance to become a fixture in the first team. However, it can't be much fun watching a side trying to cope with injuries and then a loanee comes in and plays badly. I really can't see the point of loanees in these situations unless they are proven players, because surely if the young players don't anticipate being played when the first team is in dire need then they aren't going to take it seriously are they? Surely they have to have some hope of making the first team for them to work on their craft in a meaningful way? It's a difficult one because ultimate the cream, you would think, rises to the top but I dare say the cream sometimes thinks "sod this" and loses interest.

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
I noticed in the week that Niles Ranger (ex Newcastle and a host of others) is without a club again. This is someone who was once considered the best English prospect in the Prem and has scored regularly in the Championship but the downside is that, apparently, he is a disciplinary nightmare. Ive just read his Wikipedia entry and, trust me, it's not for the faint-hearted. In mid-week he was quoted as saying he wants 'one last chance' so what have we got to lose? If Southend can afford to pay him then surely we can too.

I doubt if this idea will meet with much agreement but the fact is, these desperate times call for desperate actions. And what if the penny has finally dropped for Mr Ranger and Argyle end up the beneficiaries?

Just a thought.