Fed up with all things Argyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fed up with all things Argyle

A

andyr1963

In no particular order, some random points.

Planning permission granted in 15th August 2013 for NEW Mayflower grandstand and leisure park with amenities including 10 screen cinema with iMax screen, 120 bed hotel, ice rink, shops and food outlets.
It would have been nice, but hey ho.

Last home game of the season April 28th last game of the season May 5th Work on the refurbishment project could have started then to make the timescale of only losing one season without a grandstand at least a possibility.

17th July 2018 the new club shop arrived and was put into position behind the classic facade. Fitting out of the shop was to take four weeks and was to be open in September. Still no opening date as far as I am aware, not that it really matters to me as I only shop at Argyle once or twice a year besides the old one is still operating.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/news ... ment-blog/

Went to the pre season game at Torquay, noticed they have a nice big screen inside the ground!

The Green Taveners opening a new two story bar at the beginning of this season because work was to begin in April.
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-1131738

Changing rooms outside the Demport installed and THEN planning applied for! Not sure on the accuracy of this, but I can well believe it.

Went to the Doncaster game, we scored two really good goals. We lost.

Moan moan moan moan moan

Quite a few of the people I talk about Argyle with, have quite extreme opinions, so extreme that I cannot remember opinion being so divided. Both the Daniels out and McCauly out seemed to unite the fans rather than divide. (That might be green tinted, can’t remember well enough to be sure. Pre internet so can’t check what I thought at the time)

I accept James Brent saved us from the clutches of Heaney and yes I was grateful we didn’t drop and disappear a la Bradford Park Avenue but I will continue to question what has James Brent achieved for Argyle in the last 5 or 6 years. The league position I believe is down to Sheridan and Adams, granted James Brent appointed them.

Craig Brewster left Argyle assistant manager post at the end of March this year we have since won against Southend, Peterborough, Rotherham and Wimbledon. In the league that is 4 wins in 21
Keep that up and we are relegated with less than 40 points

Having said that (Have me certified) I still think Derek Adams will turn it around. Yeah yeah I know.

Went to the Charlton game, we lost, we could just maybe have pinched a point, we went down with a bit of a fight for most of the game. Went to the Oxford game…………….it was 23degrees and sunny in October and that was the only positive, oh and a nice pub lunch. Thought Curtis Nelson was wearing the wrong kit.

Xmas present this year? Drainage issue Clause 19 to be sorted so a decent sized workforce can come in and get the Grandstand completed before 2020. See I still believe in Santa. Better still our new Lord and master turns up next month and decrees sod the old build, let’s knock it down and build it like it should be done with a 25000 capacity. Off into LaLa land now

I suppose I could settle for having Camera 3 up and running but that doesn’t quite cut it though.

Same old, same old

Cmon Mr Adams we need that winning streak again and we need it now

May 8, 2011
Or you could have been at Home Park today and done one of the following:

1) Had a chat with Adams, Wrathell, Dunford et al to let them know how you feel;
2) Watched Argyle win 3-0;
3) Walked around Home Park to see all the work being done to the Grandstand, the area behind the grandstand and the new changing room site and the shop.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
'I accept James Brent saved us from the clutches of Heaney and yes I was grateful we didn’t drop and disappear a la Bradford Park Avenue but I will continue to question what has James Brent achieved for Argyle in the last 5 or 6 years.'

There must be a grammatical word for what you've done there but, it seems to me, that the first part of your sentence answers the question in the second part! :crazy:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
andyr1963":4kirzc5k said:
In no particular order, some random points.

Planning permission granted in 15th August 2013 for NEW Mayflower grandstand and leisure park with amenities including 10 screen cinema with iMax screen, 120 bed hotel, ice rink, shops and food outlets.
It would have been nice, but hey ho.

Last home game of the season April 28th last game of the season May 5th Work on the refurbishment project could have started then to make the timescale of only losing one season without a grandstand at least a possibility.

17th July 2018 the new club shop arrived and was put into position behind the classic facade. Fitting out of the shop was to take four weeks and was to be open in September. Still no opening date as far as I am aware, not that it really matters to me as I only shop at Argyle once or twice a year besides the old one is still operating.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/news ... ment-blog/

Went to the pre season game at Torquay, noticed they have a nice big screen inside the ground!

The Green Taveners opening a new two story bar at the beginning of this season because work was to begin in April.
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-1131738

Changing rooms outside the Demport installed and THEN planning applied for! Not sure on the accuracy of this, but I can well believe it.

Went to the Doncaster game, we scored two really good goals. We lost.

Moan moan moan moan moan

Quite a few of the people I talk about Argyle with, have quite extreme opinions, so extreme that I cannot remember opinion being so divided. Both the Daniels out and McCauly out seemed to unite the fans rather than divide. (That might be green tinted, can’t remember well enough to be sure. Pre internet so can’t check what I thought at the time)

I accept James Brent saved us from the clutches of Heaney and yes I was grateful we didn’t drop and disappear a la Bradford Park Avenue but I will continue to question what has James Brent achieved for Argyle in the last 5 or 6 years. The league position I believe is down to Sheridan and Adams, granted James Brent appointed them.

Craig Brewster left Argyle assistant manager post at the end of March this year we have since won against Southend, Peterborough, Rotherham and Wimbledon. In the league that is 4 wins in 21
Keep that up and we are relegated with less than 40 points

Having said that (Have me certified) I still think Derek Adams will turn it around. Yeah yeah I know.

Went to the Charlton game, we lost, we could just maybe have pinched a point, we went down with a bit of a fight for most of the game. Went to the Oxford game…………….it was 23degrees and sunny in October and that was the only positive, oh and a nice pub lunch. Thought Curtis Nelson was wearing the wrong kit.

Xmas present this year? Drainage issue Clause 19 to be sorted so a decent sized workforce can come in and get the Grandstand completed before 2020. See I still believe in Santa. Better still our new Lord and master turns up next month and decrees sod the old build, let’s knock it down and build it like it should be done with a 25000 capacity. Off into LaLa land now

I suppose I could settle for having Camera 3 up and running but that doesn’t quite cut it though.

Same old, same old

Cmon Mr Adams we need that winning streak again and we need it now
But what did the Romans ever do for us?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Craig Brewster was actually away from the first team in January while he recuperated from an operation on his hip.
When Kevin Nancekiville stepped up to replace Brewster we won 6 games in a row and won 9 out of 11 games.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
It really is far from all bad, it's just worrying how poor the first team is atm. It's worth remembering it's still October though. Too early to give up.

Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
Um.....Really don't think the state of the premises is really the main issue......what's that old phrase , you have to crack eggs to make omelettes? I'm disappointed with the way the team is playing but it's not the first time it's been like this and it won't be the last. The problem is that to a degree we've been spoiled over the last couple of years and the present situation is yes, unacceptable and very worrying. Will we get out of it? Who knows? I hope so and the twists and turns of the season will determine how we feel at the beginning of May 2019. The ground will be finished, these things take time, you should see how long it takes me to decorate... :lol: I look forward to a few things.....one, finishing in 20th position, after the start Argyle have had they won't repeat last year but that would be positive. Two, I hope I can get a seat back in the refurbished, not new, Grandstand area. Three, I wish all Argyle fans a chill pill.....We are gonna need it! :scarf:

Aug 5, 2015
I am not Argyle since 1968, but am of a similar vintage. I agree with his sentiments. I know the phrase “ seen it all before” is both hackneyed and patronising. But it’s true. We’ve been here before and will be in the future too. It’s what happens.

The only different thing this time is that we’ll have a refurbished grandstand to look forward to. Something we didn’t have in 1968!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So, to sum it up, it's what we all say.

Same old Argyle!

I know some at the club hate that saying, but it's true. :scarf:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
It is same old Argyle though,
just as we seem to be moving forward and start to gain momention both on & off the pitch we seem to fall apart with fractions in the boardroom. Hopefully moving forward Simon can build on the fragile foundations of another power struggle in the boardroom before a total collapse, trouble is we could end up with an owner who owns the trainset & becomes controling. As for goings on on the pitch if we want to progress up the leauge & even challange for Championship football Mr Hallett will need to stump up a considerable chunk of the 100 million Dollars he earnt last year.

May 16, 2016
Argyle Nutter":366mpymr said:
It is same old Argyle though,
just as we seem to be moving forward and start to gain momention both on & off the pitch we seem to fall apart with fractions in the boardroom. Hopefully moving forward Simon can build on the fragile foundations of another power struggle in the boardroom before a total collapse, trouble is we could end up with an owner who owns the trainset & becomes controling. As for goings on on the pitch if we want to progress up the leauge & even challange for Championship football Mr Hallett will need to stump up a considerable chunk of the 100 million Dollars he earnt last year.

Boardroom power struggle ? I must have misunderstood the transfer involving James Brent standing down / selling up a bit, is in fact a major falling out.

The makeover isn't ideal and like many, I'm not having a love in with James Brent but what's the fragile foundations before the collapse other than online rumours and scaremongering that I'm now supposed to worry about ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
According to some :roll: the club is near admin, the grandstand refurb is about to stop because of the drainage planning permission refusal :roll: ad infinitum.

Still, free speech eh? God bless it.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It is the same old Argyle unfortunately, speaking as a 1965 vintage. Up until about my 40th birthday when the club had it's first experience of basement division football I always held hope that one day I might see us in the top division. Being realistic now I know that is pretty unlikely in my lifetime but I like to think we could at least establish ourselves as a regular 2nd tier team with a stadium we can take some pride in.
Disappointingly each stage of the stadium redevelopment including the GT's new supporters facility seems to be taking longer than expected with all sorts of delays for various reasons and it is not surprising that it causes some disquiet and cynicism amongst some of the fanbase bearing in mind JB's track record for non delivery of so many previous planned ventures. We just have to hope that all the issues will be resolved soon and the contractors can crack on at full speed, though the planned completion date is looking increasingly unlikely with many old Grandstand season ticket holders facing another season or at least part season elsewhere.
I am probably one of a decreasing number but still think Adams should be given another month or so to turn it around. I did my bit by turning up for the Wimbledon game to change the team's luck and it worked but it will be a while before I can attend again. It was pretty dire though until the last 20 minutes, we were so pedestrian, the new keeper disappointed me and the central defence looked well below last season's standard. Clearly a lot of season ticket holders didn't show up on the day as the announced attendance of 8,500 was just plain comical. We have a real struggle to get out the bottom 4 I think but like most right now I would snatch your hand off for 20th position come May. Likewise I would happily settle now for the grandstand redevelopment to be completed before 2020.