Fence | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fence

Apr 30, 2017
Granted this isn't my forte, but I think a more substantial fence may be going in seperating the pitch from the building site.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
They moved the temp fence closer to the field yesterday, now it looks like they are digging holes, maybe that is what the lumber is for that was delivered today sitting in the ditch in front of the grandstand. Two guys look like they are removing or lifting some of the artificial turf as well, maybe to put in post holes.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The posts are now going in, you can see them behind the dugouts, and I think they are all the way down to Devonport end. Maybe the league said the temporary fence was stable enough, but I magine if there is a wooden fence there there could be some interesting rebounds of it.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I think it's lumber for the fence.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Pogleswoody":2l2lmorq said:
Ottawa Green":2l2lmorq said:

Might be lumber over where you are mate. Us calls en wood 'ere!! ;)

Lumber or timber is a type of wood that has been processed into beams and planks, a stage in the process of wood production. Lumber is mainly used for structural purposes but has many other uses as well. :thumbup:

Wood is a porous and fibrous structural tissue found in the stems and roots of trees and other woody plants. It is an organic material, a natural composite of cellulose fibers that are strong in tension and embedded in a matrix of lignin that resists compression. :thumbdown:

So i'm right you are wrong, lumber is the finished product, wood is the unfinished product :coat:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ottawa Green":3e919aiy said:
Pogleswoody":3e919aiy said:
Ottawa Green":3e919aiy said:

Might be lumber over where you are mate. Us calls en wood 'ere!! ;)

Lumber or timber is a type of wood that has been processed into beams and planks, a stage in the process of wood production. Lumber is mainly used for structural purposes but has many other uses as well.

Wood is a porous and fibrous structural tissue found in the stems and roots of trees and other woody plants. It is an organic material, a natural composite of cellulose fibers that are strong in tension and embedded in a matrix of lignin that resists compression. :thumbdown:

So i'm right you are wrong, lumber is the finished product, wood is the unfinished product :coat:

Yeah but you're wrong! If they're just delivering then they haven't finished!! ;)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
:crazy: :crazy: :scarf: :scarf:

Aug 5, 2015
I expect someone’s objected to the Planning Department about the fence which is why they havent painted it yet. On the other hand it maybe because there’s a match tonight.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Working late to get fence finished before game tonight.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Fence being painted - GREEN