Sarcevic for sweeper | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic for sweeper

Oct 5, 2013
Dear Derek
Sarcevic for sweeper, please!
What an engine the guy has. Playing just in front of / around the two centre-backs, this would stop us conceding and is surely precisely what we need, it has to be a winning combo. Doesn't limit Sarc to a defensive role, with his engine he can get up in support too, it just means we stop conceding - and surely history shows us that's what a successful team begins with.
Derek has discovered Conor Grant at LB - a revelation!
So go on Derek, be inventive, how about Sarc as sweeper?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Disagree completely.

We've been so much better going forward in recent weeks with Sarcevic in front of the midfield, he provides a real link between the midfield and the attack.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
philevs":32fazhba said:
Dear Derek
What an engine the guy has. Playing just in front of / around the two centre-backs, this would stop us conceding and is surely precisely what we need, it has to be a winning combo. Doesn't limit Sarc to a defensive role, with his engine he can get up in support too, it just means we stop conceding - and surely history shows us that's what a successful team begins with.

Much better as an attacking midfielder

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
When Sarcevic is fit he has a great engine. Reminds me very much of David Norris.
Definately not a sweeper, but sadly has the same lack of cutting edge as Norris did when in front of goal. Add a great final ball/shot to Sarcevic and he would be a top top player.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
loveargyles":2lucmhqo said:
When Sarcevic is fit he has a great engine. Reminds me very much of David Norris.
definitely not a sweeper, but sadly has the same lack of cutting edge as Norris did when in front of goal. Add a great final ball/shot to Sarcevic and he would be a top top player.

Agree to a large extent. Don't think he's quite up there with Chuck, but he gets the team forward when he's on the ball and does a lot of work running back and breaking up play. Sadly, his shooting is woeful - but if it was good we'd have hell of a player on our hands, and probably not for long.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
People can moan about Sarcevic's shooting but I think they need to stop and think that if it were better he'd be in the championship.

Excellent player for this level & hopefully he can keep fit now because he's made a real difference. Also very passionate & seems to love being here, was the first to pen a new deal if my memory is correct.

Oct 31, 2015
philevs":2f7bspsj said:
Dear Derek

Cant agree with your sentiments mate. :thumbdown:

When Sarcs plays he pulls us up the field in his attacking role.

I take it you didnt mean sweeper but holding midfield? A sweeper plays behind the last defender. You dont see it much nowadays do you?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Sarcevic’s role in our successful run January to March was probably underestimated. He was crucial in that box to box role and was as important as Lameiras and Ness to the change of style of play. Now that he is fit, it would not, in my opinion, be productive to remove him from the attacking role.

Sep 6, 2006
I know we are down on our uppers according to Adams with his poor budget he would have us believe but surely we can afford to employ cleaning staff.