• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand photos on GoS

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Thanks again for all the positive feedback for our grandstand photos on Greens on Screen. It definitely helps to know that there's a reason for doing it, especially as there are probably another 10-12 months to go. At the moment we've published over 1,600 photos in 27 sets - my guess is we'll end up with three times that amount, maybe four. And a special mention for Bob again - he's taken the majority.

Although the feedback has been good, I was curious to know how popular the grandstand photos are, compared with the regular match-day ones. Looking at all sets from the start of this season, the results surprised me and I thought some might be interested. Here are the top 20:
photoviews12-11-18.png

One point to mention - at no.1 is the Sunderland game but I know these photos reached a Sunderland forum and there was a lot of access from them, so I think that one should be ignored. That leaves the grandstand photos consistently outperforming match ones. Gosh!

Some other figures: looking at the counts for all grandstand photos since we began with the move of the GT's marquee in January, there have been an average of 1,714 views per set. That might not seem a huge figure, but with an average of 60 photos in a set, that means that each time we publish, on average there are over 103,000 image views over the following few days. That assumes that everyone looks at every photo, which might not always be the case, but I'd guess that most do and the figure won't be far off 100K.

Taking that a step further, for all 27 sets the total number of image views now stands at over 2.7 million. Golly gosh!

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I'm absolutely lapping them up, Steve! I can only speak for myself but my fascination regarding the transformation of 'the grand old lady' is unlimited and I do certainly look at EVERY photo. Can't wait for the next ones! Excellent work by everyone involved and many thanks for all your efforts.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Mark58":552rnkc2 said:
I'm absolutely lapping them up, Steve! I can only speak for myself but my fascination regarding the transformation of 'the grand old lady' is unlimited and I do certainly look at EVERY photo. Can't wait for the next ones! Excellent work by everyone involved and many thanks for all your efforts.
:iagree:

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
No surprise to me, I always really look forward to the development pics and tend to view them all a couple of times! They really are a brilliant record of the work being done, not to mention giving us an insight into what we cannot see with the webcams or on a match day. The informative image captions also really add to it and your hard work is very much appreciated.

Jul 29, 2006
Cornwall
I agree to above comments and its really good to be able to go back over the photos and the information given. Really good photos. Well done and keep them coming, please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with all the above.

Saying that, where are this weeks?!!!! :whistle:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Glad I’m not the only one who goes through the pictures twice.

Incredible work, not just the photos but the info... which presumably takes as much effort to research/ask/check as the actual pics.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Agree with everyone else, I await the next update impatiently!! Can’t get enough pictures of both the grandstand and the matches. Massive thanks to Bob and yourself Steve.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":15czsxr9 said:
I agree with all the above.

Saying that, where are this weeks?!!!! :whistle:
In our cameras! ;) Two visits yesterday, another today. I'm hoping to finish this set with the removal of the last 'A-frame' and the side cladding, which could be Friday on current progress. So later on Friday or maybe Saturday morning.

By the way, I didn't mean to generate more compliments, nice though they are. I was just amazed by the figures!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm surprised that you're surprised.

I remember the amazing popularity on the horseshoe and this is a lot more technical I think.

GoS is a credit to your hard work and dedication mate.

Plus of course the work of both Gill and Bob.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I have advised computer literate relatives of the survivors of the 1958-59 championship side that these pictures are available and they are now regulars on the site. Like many of us. there is a degree of sadness at the loss of some areas that hold great memories for them. But then again they are pleased that progress is being made and that the club will end with a magnificent facility. But one comment keeps coming up - "My time at Home Park was the happiest of my life".

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I remember there was a fair amount of interest in the new pitch laying a few years ago, so to have regular updates on what is a bit of a holy grail for the club is tremendously exciting and interesting.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A nice touch from Simon Hallett to name check and thank Steve and GOS in his blog today.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, exactly what I thought.

Good recognition for our jewell in the crown. THE best Argyle related website bar none!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
cso why if it's the best argyle website ever do they have only one photographer at home and one away...and some weeks none...