Advertising on the Grandstand | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Advertising on the Grandstand

Jul 14, 2008
Even though the Grandstand is in a sorry state at this point in time, it's nice to see some of the original Leitch features on the front of the stand now that the advertising hoardings (including the old Pasoti one) have been removed. It would look so much better if, once work is complete on that façade (or whatever the correct term for it is) it is spruced up a bit and left advertisement free. I would much rather that the name of the Grandstand was sponsored than put more hoardings there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree it would look fantastic if painted green and black and left.

However the revenue that will now bring (with the gantry opposite) will go through the roof.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Because the camera gantry has changed to the Lyndhurst side the club would receive some good sized money for having advertising hoardings on the grandstand and it would be silly to turn it down.

IJN":3oh5la9n said:
Totally agree it would look fantastic if painted green and black and left.

However the revenue that will now bring (with the gantry opposite) will go through the roof.

Wouldn't that be negated, as least partially, by the hoardings currently on the Lyndhurst not now being visible to the cameras?

Agree completely about highlighting the detail of the Leitch design. Unfortunately though I don't see how we can have both.

Jul 14, 2008
Not convinced that the new camera position makes much of a difference. I just re-watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and the gantry area wasn't visible on screen once. I agree that there would be some loss of income from not having the hoardings there but it would be a real shame to cover it back up again.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I’m with you all the way, Herts Green. It’s an iconic feature of the Leitch design that has gradually been lost to the modern era, Everton being the stand-out example of resisting temptation. Sadly, money rules the world now - hey, let’s put adverts on Smeations Tower while we’re about it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Herts_Green":qzxduy33 said:
Not convinced that the new camera position makes much of a difference. I just re-watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and the gantry area wasn't visible on screen once. I agree that there would be some loss of income from not having the hoardings there but it would be a real shame to cover it back up again.

That camera angle was particularly zoomed in though, probably because it was relatively amateur given the amount of games recorded that weekend.

A normal fixed television angle would take in the previous gantry area, I think.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I see the old Family Area sign has been revealed now. I'd completely forgotten about that.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Frank_Butcher":2dh7m7j5 said:
I see the old Family Area sign has been revealed now. I'd completely forgotten about that.
I had too. Pics on GoS on Sunday.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
GreensOnScreen":guwv6lly said:
Frank_Butcher":guwv6lly said:
I had too. Pics on GoS on Sunday.

:thumbup:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Herts_Green":2nyi8dhx said:
Even though the Grandstand is in a sorry state at this point in time, it's nice to see some of the original Leitch features on the front of the stand now that the advertising hoardings (including the old Pasoti one) have been removed. It would look so much better if, once work is complete on that façade (or whatever the correct term for it is) it is spruced up a bit and left advertisement free. I would much rather that the name of the Grandstand was sponsored than put more hoardings there.

I made the same point about the positioning of advertising hoarding about 5 months ago. The mix in presentation of each different advertising, will quickly remove the slickness of the aesthetic appeal of the new stand, I would rather they were kept at fence level or used as part of those moving digital signs that were last brought in for the Liverpool Cup replay at Home Park.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Biggs":n0atfyrg said:
Herts_Green":n0atfyrg said:

That camera angle was particularly zoomed in though, probably because it was relatively amateur given the amount of games recorded that weekend.

A normal fixed television angle would take in the previous gantry area, I think.
Interesting to see the highlights from yesterday's game. Good quality coverage but apart from a fleeting glimpse of the very end of the balcony at the start, at no stage was it in view.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was thinking that Steve.

Perhaps though the club has asked to keep the cameras at a certain angle, so as not to show the 'mess'. Just a thought.