AFT - Results of Stewarding Survey | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT - Results of Stewarding Survey

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I thought Pasoti members would be interested in the results of the AFT recent survey. Results have been communicated to the Board.

The AFT recently carried out a short survey on supporter opinions on stewarding at Home Park, following various reports of unrest in parts of the ground.

Nearly 200 responses were gathered within a week, completed in time to present the results to the club at a scheduled meeting with PAFC Chief Executive Michael Dunford.

It’s reasonably positive for the club in that a targeted survey on this topic actually sees an increase in positive responses on some questions, when compared with the Close Season Survey carried out in the summer of this year.

Having said that, nearly a quarter say their opinion of the stewarding has declined during the season – when filtered further, it became clear that these negative responses largely originated from respondents seated in Block 14.

Simply put, there is an issue, but it’s not quite as significant as it may have appeared on the forums.

196 responses collected in six day window

Block Analysis

Block with highest representation – Block 14 (14.36%), Block 12 (9.74%), Block 3/9/10 (9.23%)

Attendance
60% have attended 7 or more games this season, 18% have been to 4-6 games, 22% less than 3

Seating Preferences
51.5% prefer to sit, 22.5% prefer to stand, 25% vary between the two

Club Stewarding Policy
41% are satisfied (26%) / very satisfied (15%) with the club’s stewarding policy
32% are dissatisfied (20.5%) / very dissatisfied (11.5%)

Stewarding Performance
39% are satisfied (26%) / very satisfied (13%) with the performance of the stewards (CSS – 34.5%)
32% are dissatisfied (19%) / very dissatisfied (13%) (CSS – 27%)
24% say their opinion has declined during this season
7% say their opinion has improved during this season

Clearing Walkways
46% would like the stewards to do more to clear aisles and walkways (CSS - 53%)

Only 15% suggest that there is a persistent issue relating to stewarding in the block they visit most

Opportunities to Stand
When asked if they would take an opportunity to stand during a match, there is a precise 38% vs 38% split between “Yes” and “No”.
An additional 19% would answer Yes if a particular block was identified as an area of tolerance.

Safe Standing
83% are in favour of Safe Standing, 7.5% are not. (CSS – 87% vs 5%)

Disability Issues
14% reported that they had disability issues, with a third agreeing that this had an impact on their responses to the survey.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":3ls7yz5v said:
We were told that last night at the forum Tony.

Then you won't trust that person in future Ian, will you?

As a simple matter of fact, the AFT Board meet tomorrow to decide such matters. As it happens I have given my apologies as I am awaiting a hospital appointment and treatment so will not be able to attend. I have already indicated to other Board members there are other, well qualified candidates who I will be happy to serve under.

I hope that clears up this rather foolish rumour.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
If that decision hasn't been made yet it's not necessarily a foolish rumour Tony. Who knows what the board might agree on tomorrow in your absence? When I drop off my foodbank donation later I'll suggest that you'll make a good chairman!