Serious Question (Paul Wotton) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Serious Question (Paul Wotton)

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Pete H":3jl5q27w said:
What does Paul Wotton do all week ?

Well you cant knock his passion and love of Argyle mate ... and those around him .. they are just and simply out of their depth.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ozzes green blood apparently which is, it seems, enough to coach at the club.

Dec 19, 2009
To be fair he has been handed a right shower of sh$te to coach. He can organise and drill them 'til the cows come home but he can't do anything about individual errors or a lack of ability.

Nov 9, 2008
keyser soze":2eo5p157 said:
To be fair he has been handed a right shower of sh$te to coach. He can organise and drill them 'til the cows come home but he can't do anything about individual errors or a lack of ability.

But it's not just mistakes. We give so much space and time in the box. That's coachable. A defensive unit is the most.coachable unit on the pitch. Average players can be turned into a very good defense when coaches well. We haven't done that and questions should be asked about why our defense is still so poor as a unit.

Dec 19, 2009
mde203":hkpv65n3 said:
keyser soze":hkpv65n3 said:

But it's not just mistakes. We give so much space and time in the box. That's coachable. A defensive unit is the most.coachable unit on the pitch. Average players can be turned into a very good defense when coaches well. We haven't done that and questions should be asked about why our defense is still so poor as a unit.
That'll be lack of ability with the ball and lack of ability to read the game. If you ain't got it you ain't got it. They're cr@p, full stop.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
So how many scapegoats have we had today so far. Hallett, Adams, Songoo, Edwards, Macey and now Wotts and only ten past 6 and I've not read half of todays posts, so we may well be up to double figures.

Defence coaches have always interested me, Wenger use to get slaughtered for Arsenal's dire defending, despite being sat next to a man in Steve Bould every week, who was part of the clubs greatest ever defensive unit, but somehow he escaped any criticism.

As we presumably don't know what formation or who Wotton would select, surely its quite difficult to point the finger at him?

We have a centre half (Edwards) who's confidence is shot to bits, behind him we have a young keeper who knows he is falling behind the standard required (especially given his club) that i'm afraid is a recipe for disaster. We lack pace, we lack confidence, we lack a real leader. Hopefully the return of Sawyer will at least help in some of those areas.

Anyway, whats the tea-lady's name, she must be due a thread about her total incompetence to cut it in this division.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
But then how was our defensive record pretty good for 3 years under Adams (and Wotton)?

Our goals against column is down to a) individual players not being good enough, and b) Adams playing a system which offers the back 4 no protection. He simply has to realise this sooner rather than later and drop Foxy back to sitting in front of the back four.

Jan 27, 2012
Its hard to point the blame at Wotton unless you are part of the club and properly understand his role.

I think the defensive problems come down to the quality of players signed in the summer. We tried to do it on the cheap with other club's rejects and it hasn't worked out. I've given up complaining about the playing budget on here as it seemed to upset the Brent worshippers, but you generally get what you pay for.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Gibson":2swhokwy said:
Tugboat":2swhokwy said:
Ozzes green blood apparently which is, it seems, enough to coach at the club.

Oozes, not ozzes. :crazy:

Thanks.

Proud of you.

Sep 6, 2006
Voice_of_Reason":13dyus6v said:
So how many scapegoats have we had today so far. Hallett, Adams, Songoo, Edwards, Macey and now Wotts and only ten past 6 and I've not read half of todays posts, so we may well be up to double figures.

Defence coaches have always interested me, Wenger use to get slaughtered for Arsenal's dire defending, despite being sat next to a man in Steve Bould every week, who was part of the clubs greatest ever defensive unit, but somehow he escaped any criticism.

As we presumably don't know what formation or who Wotton would select, surely its quite difficult to point the finger at him?

We have a centre half (Edwards) who's confidence is shot to bits, behind him we have a young keeper who knows he is falling behind the standard required (especially given his club) that i'm afraid is a recipe for disaster. We lack pace, we lack confidence, we lack a real leader. Hopefully the return of Sawyer will at least help in some of those areas.

Anyway, whats the tea-lady's name, she must be due a thread about her total incompetence to cut it in this division.

According to some on here Adams budget is so poor I doubt we can afford a tea lady. Probably one of the jobs Adams does himself.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":m67s6kw2 said:
Its hard to point the blame at Wotton unless you are part of the club and properly understand his role.

I think the defensive problems come down to the quality of players signed in the summer. We tried to do it on the cheap with other club's rejects and it hasn't worked out. I've given up complaining about the playing budget on here as it seemed to upset the Brent worshippers, but you generally get what you pay for.
The point that we have constantly tried to make to you (and I am by no means a Brent worshipper) which you have failed to grasp time and time again is that you CAN be successful signing players on frees from the lower leagues. Do I really need to list the starting 11 that was p1ssing on this division last season yet again?! 7 of which were lower league rejects?

One more stat for you: the number of players in our excellent defence of last season that we paid a fee for? 0. The number of players in this season's defence that we paid a fee for? 1.

Oh how I wish you would do as you say and "give up talking about the playing budget".

Nov 9, 2008
keyser soze":cb4mnzwv said:
mde203":cb4mnzwv said:
keyser soze":cb4mnzwv said:

That'll be lack of ability with the ball and lack of ability to read the game. If you ain't got it you ain't got it. They're cr@p, full stop.

I agree. They are crap fairly often. However, they can still be moulded into a decent unit by a quality defensive coach.