Fighting in Demport End today | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fighting in Demport End today

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
What was going on in block 3 today? There seemed to be one person chanting something in the first half that no one agreed with and there was shouting at him. Then second half there appeared to be a full on fight between supporters. What was all that over?

Then there was the mid match maintenance. That was laughable as well

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I heard the ridiculous ‘We’re falling apart’ chant. Perhaps it was that.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I heard that too Ian and was confused. Then later was told that “that” chant came after the mid-match maintenance where a quick repair had to take place in the Demport.

From my seat over in Block One, I wasn’t aware of any fighting, although at one stage a load of folk to my left stood up and were looking over towards their left.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Handbags. Two guys mouthing off at one another which got separated. No actual fighting.

Falling apart chant was in reference to the advertising panel at the back breaking/being broken.

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":14bit8pi said:
Handbags. Two guys mouthing off at one another which got separated. No actual fighting.

Falling apart chant was in reference to the advertising panel at the back breaking/being broken.

Yep and the supporter hurling abuse is actually a staunch supporter who had a his Xmas drinks shall we say and was showing his frustration. In many many years I have never heard him shout negative thoughts so with alcohol inside he was venting for what I think is the first time.

The "are you masey in disguise" chant to their keeper made me cringe a little as our keeper would have heard that .

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
rsp4":3488qyxf said:
Nobby":3488qyxf said:

Yep and the supporter hurling abuse is actually a staunch supporter who had a his Xmas drinks shall we say and was showing his frustration. In many many years I have never heard him shout negative thoughts so with alcohol inside he was venting for what I think is the first time.

The "are you masey in disguise" chant to their keeper made me cringe a little as our keeper would have heard that .

I was in block 13 and didn't so hopefully not.

He may have heard the unhelpful ironic cheers when he caught a ball though

Edwards no doubt heard the cheers too when his number went up to be subbed.

Fans? yes Supporters? Hmmm

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
God forbid you ever say anything negative in the Devonport. You immediately get turned on by people that find chanting about Accrington Stanley and Wycombe funny.

Not the first time there’s been people offering others out in there this season and it won’t be the last. It’s a game of opinions and you don’t need to start a chant calling someone a w**ker just because they’ve shouted ‘f**king s**t Argyle’

Feb 23, 2008
This happened 8 or 9 rows behind us, I think the fella involved was the one who starts most of the chants in the demport, from what I could hear he was getting a little frustrated that no one was really singing and someone gave him a shove, cue the handbags.

As with most of the stuff that happens in there it appeared to be alcohol related.

I thought most of the cheering when Edwards went off came from the Lyndhurst?

Jan 27, 2012
Why is it that when some people watch football matches they seem to think its Ok to behave like thugs or idiots ?

I bet they are not like this at work, when shopping or at home !

S

SparkyPAFC

There's a lad right behind us in Block 3 who is ultra negative, doesn't have a good word to say even when we're winning/playing well and it grates on those who do support the Club through thick and thinner.
Yesterday was a case of the straw breaking the camels back. My mate approached said person in an aggressive manner but didn't lay a finger on him. He was then shoved down 3 rows. As you can imagine he wasn't best pleased to having been assaulted so confronted the lad again. Lots of shouted ensued before they were separated and my mate moved several rows away to calm the situation and focus fans and their phones onto the pitch (it was amazing to see how many wanted to film the action, lots of budding cameramen for Sky to recruit...)
He apologised to those sat around the incidect after the final whistle.

S

SparkyPAFC

It's about passion Gaspar, I don't get passionate about shopping but I do about Argyle!

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":13k05zta said:
This happened 8 or 9 rows behind us, I think the fella involved was the one who starts most of the chants in the demport, from what I could hear he was getting a little frustrated that no one was really singing and someone gave him a shove, cue the handbags.

As with most of the stuff that happens in there it appeared to be alcohol related.

I thought most of the cheering when Edwards went off came from the Lyndhurst?

Yep probably right that's where I am and it was loud and clear.

We have lots of very negative tw@ts in block 13 :mad:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Most blocks have negative tw@ts. Some are louder and more repetitive than others. I wonder why they think that those around them want to hear them droning on like a broken record?