January sale | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

January sale

Jul 12, 2016
Apparently Adams has to get rid of players before he can sign any new ones next month. Who is he likely to want to move out ? I can't see many of our current squad being attractive signings for other clubs. If the majority are on 2 year contracts surely we cannot afford to pay off contracts?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Where does it say he has to sell players? I read that players need to move on before bringing in new but nothing about selling. Itā€™ll be more an issue in agreeing a package to pay up existing contracts of those moving on more than anything else.

All depends on the player involved and what he wants. If itā€™s a player that wants to play each week then shouldnā€™t be an issue but a journey man player after a wage each week will be more difficult.

I think 2 will move onto new clubs and 2/3 players will have contract deals paid up.

Aug 5, 2016
Where is it stated most of our players are on two year contracts? Wylde and Ainsworth were but are into the second year of their deals.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
There was a comment made by the CEO that most of the eleven players signed by Adams last summer were on two year contracts...

Jan 29, 2010
Wylde and Ainsworth cant be in any future plans. Ryan Law and Mike Cooper would benefit with a loan spell, possibly Cam Sangster if fit. Peter Grant appears to be out of favour, Calum Dyson too. I would expect some of these to move on.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Sell: Lameiras, Wootton (for Ā£0).
Loan: Moore, Edwards, Dyson, Cooper, Fletcher, Bentley, Wylde.
Mutual Termination: Ainsworth.
Terminate Loan: Oā€™Keefe

Would leave us room to bring in 5 players; two centre backs, a right back, a winger and a centre mid.

Lameiras wonā€™t extend his contract and as a bench player we should cash in.

Jul 12, 2016
But who is going to want to take any of the mentioned players even on loan?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Thatā€™s only part of my worry.

The other part is what Adams brings in. Heā€™s utterly feeked up this team based on his summer additions. Little confidence he can right all the wrongs when heā€™s the reason for the wrongs in the first place. Even Okeefe was a mistake.

Mistakes so far..

Canavan, P Grant, Okeefe, Moore, Wylde, Macey, Dyson.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oldage":1sdow62v said:
But who is going to want to take any of the mentioned players even on loan?

Youth players to non league, the others have had good spells in L2 before, i reckon we could easily find suitors.

Sep 6, 2006
Tugboat":222yohl4 said:

The other part is what Adams brings in. Heā€™s utterly feeked up this team based on his summer additions. Little confidence he can right all the wrongs when heā€™s the reason for the wrongs in the first place. Even Okeefe was a mistake.

Mistakes so far..

You forgot Ainsworth Edwards Wooton and Riley!

Feb 2, 2007
Balham_Green":2ejqzzxm said:
Tugboat":2ejqzzxm said:

Mistakes so far..

Connor Grant also failed in the role bought in for, luckily appears to have some skill as a left back. Has still left us short of midfield options though.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Balham_Green":27i2ipth said:
Tugboat":27i2ipth said:

Mistakes so far..

Edwards and Ainsworth werenā€™t signed last summer. Wooton could do a job and Riley had a bad game yesterday but I think could be an alright RB.

Edwards should be loaned out and Ainsworth needs releasing regardless.