Home goals conceded in last 3 seasons | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home goals conceded in last 3 seasons

Oct 31, 2015
Still fuming about yesterday and wanted to highlight something that is driving me mad.

The amount of times we have conceded 3 goals at home.
Under Adams we rarely score away from home but teams love coming to HP.
Luton 0-3
Grimsby 0-3
Wycombe 3-3
Orient 2-3
Blackpool 0-3
Scunthorpe 0-4
Blackpool 1-3 again
Donny 0-3
Oxford 0-4
Wigan 1_3
Posh 1-5
Donny 2-3
Burton 2-3
Bradford 3-3
Accy 0-3

That's a total of 2 points gained in all those matches 46 goals conceded across 14 games at HP.

It's not just a one off as this is across the last 3 seasons. Admittedly the Wycombe game on boxing Day was superb but we did conceded 3.

For the statistics minded that's at least 5 home games each season (we are already at 4 this season) which over a fifth of the games we have to endure.

When this manager gets it wrong bloody hell does he get it wrong!

As he is not leaving this is just an observation which is driving me mad :)

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Those are damning figures indeed, but Adams will still be here next May regardless of our league status.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Stats question;

It has been shoved in our face that Adams is our third most “winningest” manager.

Where does he come though in the league table of managers who have lost games and conceded goals whilst being in charge?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The whole back 5 needs ripping out and reorganising. Sawyer the exception when he returns.

Wooton probably the only CB worth holding onto. Edwards, Grant and Canavan not up to it. I’d get rid of Grant and loan out Edwards. Bring in another CB pushing Canavan as back up. Also another RB brought in.

I also think we could quite comfortably improve in the GK position. He’s outstanding in reflexing initial shot stopping but so so poor in commanding his area and decision making.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":1idm2qi1 said:
The whole back 5 needs ripping out and reorganising. Sawyer the exception when he returns.

Wooton probably the only CB worth holding onto. Edwards, Grant and Canavan not up to it. I’d get rid of Grant and loan out Edwards. Bring in another CB pushing Canavan as back up. Also another RB brought in.

I also think we could quite comfortably improve in the GK position. He’s outstanding in reflexing initial shot stopping but so so poor in commanding his area and decision making.

Wooton????

He's probably the worst of the lot.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Tugboat":2clbiq13 said:

Wootton? Not sure what games you have been watching Tuggers!

May 8, 2011
Makes you wonder how we managed in the last 3 seasons to get to a play off final, get promoted and finished seventh, must be something extraordinarily like scoring more goals than the opposition.
Must mean we are a very entertaining team to watch I suppose.

Oct 31, 2015
HC Green":172lnakj said:
Makes you wonder how we managed in the last 3 seasons to get to a play off final, get promoted and finished seventh, must be something extraordinarily like scoring more goals than the opposition.

I will agree with this from Jan to end of March 2018 yes.

The rest I will just inwardly smile so as not to upset any DA supporters

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
HC Green":2spflx7x said:

Hopefully you'll get some decent defenders in the January window Derek.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
To return to the OP, of course 14 games in 3 seasons is 49 games where 3 goals weren’t conceded. How does that compare with other teams.

Also be interesting to know how accurate your “we never score away from home” is?

I can think of quite a few games in the last 3 seasons where I saw us score!

Not trying to be pedantic but criticism needs the whole picture?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tugboat":16vzi0il said:

Wooton is the first CB i’d Be looking to get rid off personally..

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Sadly we need an entire new back 5.

Personally I don't think any of them is even up to league 2 standards so we may as well get rid of them now as they will still be no good in div 4 next year

May 8, 2011
Kevin Pedlar":2ah82c6w said:
To return to the OP, of course 14 games in 3 seasons is 49 games where 3 goals weren’t conceded. How does that compare with other teams.

Also be interesting to know how accurate your “we never score away from home” is?

In the last 3 seasons we scored, 35, 30 and 21 goals away. The last time we scored more than 35 was the 1993/4 season. Taken from GOS.

Oct 31, 2015
Kevin Pedlar":134y1gpu said:

Agree mate I will look into it .

When I say never score away I meant by 3 or more to counter my argument. I can think of a couple. Newport? And Scunthorpe I think this season.

Back to GOS :)

Edited

Ok so our away trips of 3 or more for Mark

Newport 3-1
Scunthorpe 4-1

What I will say is I love a good game with goals and 2 of my list stick out as enjoyable. That was the Wycombe draw and Wigan defeat.

Look we have seen some goals scored as well but in my view that's far too many goals being shipped in home games which to me says the manager cannot change things when we are under the cosh LP