Away team goal celebrations | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Away team goal celebrations

I know I’m becoming a grumpy old bugger with our current performances, but am I alone in feeling angry at the way Bradford celebrated their first two goals? Their goal scorer mocked the demport end as he ran towards the corner flag rather than towards his team mates, and the very long hugging and celebration were clearly meant to rile us, which in my case I’m annoyed to say they did. Also hopeless refereeing for allowing it to go on so long, and how come only one minute of extra time after doing that to us twice? Rant over.

May 28, 2015
Did you care when matty Kennedy did the knee slide in front of the exeter fans two years ago?

May 28, 2015
mervyn":1z2bzjza said:
PAFC123":1z2bzjza said:
Did you care when matty Kennedy did the knee slide in front of the exeter fans two years ago?

Yes.

That is fair enough then as long as you aren't one sided on the debate. I know a lot of people dont like it, I personally dont have a problem with it although of course I would rather see our players being the ones dishing it out, I think it creates a better atmosphere when the crowd and players get at each other a bit. In terms of the referee he was very poor at controlling all of the time wasting and was just pointing at his watch to say he had stopped it rather than trying to hurry the players. Just a lack of control really and definitely should have been more than a minute but unless there is an injury in the first half it is very rarely over a minute of added time at the end of the first half

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a way to stop this happening .....

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Every team does it away from home, including Argyle. Get as many players as far away from the centre circle as possible to eat up precious seconds.

I wouldn’t say he mocked the Devonport end though. Last player to really do that was Lyle Taylor last season.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Sam Barker":1o982ib8 said:
Every team does it away from home, including Argyle. Get as many players as far away from the centre circle as possible to eat up precious seconds.

I wouldn’t say he mocked the Devonport end though. Last player to really do that was Lyle Taylor last season.
That's how I saw it.

Oct 16, 2016
mervyn":3hu948iy said:
I know I’m becoming a grumpy old bugger with our current performances, but am I alone in feeling angry at the way Bradford celebrated their first two goals? Their goal scorer mocked the demport end as he ran towards the corner flag rather than towards his team mates, and the very long hugging and celebration were clearly meant to rile us, which in my case I’m annoyed to say they did. Also hopeless refereeing for allowing it to go on so long, and how come only one minute of extra time after doing that to us twice? Rant over.

Far play to Bradford and any other team who take the *iss in a totally leagal manner

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Honesty I like it and I think it adds to the atmosphere. It makes the fans seem closer and more involved with the game, rather than it being some abstract viewing experience that you could get from a television.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
It's antagonistic and incites fans to respond. The referee should book the offender and add an extra 5 minutes as a deterrent. I don't care if we or the opposition do it.

Aug 5, 2016
If you can't control yourself because a man kicked a ball into the net then you really need to examine your levels of self control. Fans quite happily call a player a winker when he's taking a corner, but don't like him coming back once when he's tucked his finish past the keeper. As PL2 says, there is one simple way to stop the goading and that is to stop conceding these sloppy chances.

Oct 16, 2016
If it atangonises the opposition and gives you a modicum of an advantage, do it. If it pis**s the opponent off, that will be to your benefit, if they show a chink in their armour make it your life’s ambition to get under their skin, you’ll win, winning is first and foremost

Sep 26, 2009
The older Greens will remember Rodney Marsh not only scoring the winning late goal with his hand but then showing us how he did it with his hand gestures.