Time wasting, spoiling, moving the ball etc. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Time wasting, spoiling, moving the ball etc.

Oct 16, 2016
I watch a fair bit of footie at all levels, at; Argyle the crowd tend to get incandescent with rage at time wasting, spoiling (in general), moving the ball from the the area it should be, stopping Carey. Etc etc etc.
Opposing teams know it works against the green (Wycombe seem to be the originator, the crowd rages and the cancer spreads from minute 0-90+

If you can get away with it, DO IT. It’s about time the crowd grew up and accepted it, we (argyle) should counter the actions of other teams and do whatever it takes to win, legally or as close to the edge as other teams do

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
When you see a player moving the ball or kicking it away when the opposition have a set piece or throw in, it's more about giving your team the opportunity to regain shape & limit the potential damage of a quickly taken throw or kick. All teams instinctively want to win & if you can get away with gaining an extra advantage then it's worthwhile.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We can still shout and rage though. I always do, and my rant at their cheating little Munchkin (39) was possibly heard by a few around me. Cheating little midget!!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Absolutely Ian, I go mental, but that's because I'm an Argyle fan, if watching as a neutral none of it would even occur to me. There are exceptions (Wycombe) but I think the levels of 'cheating' and 'time wasting' at home park are dramatically exaggerated by some people.

Oct 16, 2016
I get it and understand the rage BUT I care more about argyle getting the best out of a situation, Beat them at their own game I say

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
IJN":150bzjop said:
We can still shout and rage though. I always do, and my rant at their cheating little Munchkin (39) was possibly heard by a few around me. Cheating little midget!!
Pity we are not playing them next week, he is out for a month now, Panto

Aug 2, 2011
Shankster":37tbq71q said:
I watch a fair bit of footie at all levels, at; Argyle the crowd tend to get incandescent with rage at time wasting, spoiling (in general), moving the ball from the the area it should be, stopping Carey. Etc etc etc.
Opposing teams know it works against the green (Wycombe seem to be the originator, the crowd rages and the cancer spreads from minute 0-90+

If you can get away with it, DO IT. It’s about time the crowd grew up and accepted it, we (argyle) should counter the actions of other teams and do whatever it takes to win, legally or as close to the edge as other teams do

We, Argyle, do just the same as all other teams when we play away in particular.

Until such time as refs are instructed to crack down on it nothing will happen. Diving has partially been addressed but it is still a blight on the game. Why dont refs move the ball forward for dissent as happens in rugby. I know that the small brains on here hate any reference to rugby but they actually have some b good ideas re game management. Why not revert to goalies taking goal kicjs from the side of the gosl that the ball went out. Why should they be allowed to waste time by letting them swap side ro side just to gain a few minutes. It is easy to manage by refs so why was it changed.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Well for me it's killing a great sport. Time wasting/running the clock down has been taken to stupid levels. Sadly the authorities and referees police it terribly.
Even when I watch a game as a neutral it frustrates the hell out of me. Players barely able to lift a leg when substituted.
Yes we as a club have to do it. As it is now the professional thing to do. But I can't ever accept it and the sooner a clock is stopped for down time (As in rugby) or we start seeing regular amounts of 7-10 minutes injury time to compensate for watching a game ruined then it will continue.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Presto":29v9ege6 said:
Shankster":29v9ege6 said:

We, Argyle, do just the same as all other teams when we play away in particular.

Until such time as refs are instructed to crack down on it nothing will happen. Diving has partially been addressed but it is still a blight on the game. Why dont refs move the ball forward for dissent as happens in rugby. I know that the small brains on here hate any reference to rugby but they actually have some b good ideas re game management. Why not revert to goalies taking goal kicjs from the side of the gosl that the ball went out. Why should they be allowed to waste time by letting them swap side ro side just to gain a few minutes. It is easy to manage by refs so why was it changed.

I know, it is really strange why referees use the Laws of Association Football instead of those of Rugby Union.

Aug 4, 2011
Presto":9jpeue4t said:
Shankster":9jpeue4t said:

It was introduced (probably 10 years ago) that the ref moved the ball forwards 10 yards for dissent. Never had much of an impact and in some instances worked as a disasvantage.

I agree about the goal kicks though, it’s not as if corners can be taken from a chosen side

Aug 2, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":3866m1jr said:
Presto":3866m1jr said:
Shankster":3866m1jr said:

I know, it is really strange why referees use the Laws of Association Football instead of those of Rugby Union.

Somewhat surprisingly other games have things that the FA could learn from and adopt. So indeed could some of the pathetic girly footballers who roll over and over on the ground following a tackle and 20 secs later are up and ballet dancing down the touchline - pathetic and very very sad.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Whatever happened to when an opposition player stood in front of the ball to stop a free kick being taken quickly, only for our player to boot the ball against said player (preferably in his face or groin) thus getting Mr K.Nob booked? :problem: