Development update article from the Herald/JonB | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Development update article from the Herald/JonB

Mar 8, 2016
Interesting to read that itā€™s all on schedule, when is the finish date? September wasnā€™t it? I will be amazed if itā€™s finished this year let alone September. Itā€™s been nearly a year since it all started hasnā€™t it. Having said all that, a good update from JB, every update I read I get a sense of pride from him when he talks about the development, he ciearly enjoys what heā€™s doing. Good on him.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
why would you be amazed if it's finished on time given everything is going to schedule?

Do you know something the builders/contractors/club/world doesn't know?

Have some faith!

Mar 8, 2016
Just a personal opinion given whatā€™s been done in the time so far to what needs to be achieved in the time remaining. Itā€™s not a dig at anyone before certain people on here go on the defensive. Just a opinion I have on it from what I can see, nothing more, nothing less. Looking forward to the end product tho. It looks great from the new website pics and vids.

Screen Corner

šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Army green":1snmydda said:
Just a personal opinion given whatā€™s been done in the time so far to what needs to be achieved in the time remaining. Itā€™s not a dig at anyone before certain people on here go on the defensive. Just a opinion I have on it from what I can see, nothing more, nothing less. Looking forward to the end product tho. It looks great from the new website pics and vids.

These projects never seem to finish on time, just look at Spurs!

I will be pretty happy if it's all done and ready for fans to be located there by New Years Day 2020.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
But I just dont understand the pessimism. If I were driving a long journey and my satnav says I'm due in on time I'm not going to expect to be hours or days late.

I would take Jon and the team by their word, if they're saying it'll be delivered on time then I would expect it to.

Yes it looks like there's loads to do but the enablement work was always going to be the hardest. Look how quick the rakers went in, I'd expect the roof etc to be fit with a similar efficiency.

All I'm saying is has some faith and be positive about it.

Screen Corner

šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°šŸ‡­šŸ‡°
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Willis88":1xga5cc8 said:
But I just dont understand the pessimism. If I were driving a long journey and my satnav says I'm due in on time I'm not going to expect to be hours or days late.

I would take Jon and the team by their word, if they're saying it'll be delivered on time then I would expect it to.

Yes it looks like there's loads to do but the enablement work was always going to be the hardest. Look how quick the rakers went in, I'd expect the roof etc to be fit with a similar efficiency.

All I'm saying is has some faith and be positive about it.

'Being a pessimist doesn't mean expecting the worst of every situation or blinding themselves from what's good in life. It's a way to mentally and emotionally prepare for what might go wrong.'

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Definition:

Pessimist: An Optimist with better information.

May 16, 2016
Seriously, who's going to break down and lie in a ditch drowning in tears if its not ready when they said it was ? It's taken yonks to get this far, if it overuns, then it overuns. Anyone waiting to go back into the Grandstand will just have to wait a bit longer. The temporary arrangements in place have settled and are manageable, its no hassle is it ,

I've read people stressing about ticket sales etc. Well, that's Argyles problem to sort out, not ours. If its not ready, you cant go in it. Fairly simple really. Any financial penalties or incentives should all rest with the Company carrying out the work.

I know there's some that seem to take great delight in any perceived problem or hitch, also the moan that it's not grand enough (arguably a fair point), but the worst that could happen as far as they're concerned is that it does finish on schedule and is actually quite good.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Guiri Green":3gtflhao said:
Seriously, who's going to break down and lie in a ditch drowning in tears if its not ready when they said it was ?

I could give you a list.

:greensmile:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":11rc4vqo said:
Guiri Green":11rc4vqo said:
Seriously, who's going to break down and lie in a ditch drowning in tears if its not ready when they said it was ?

I could give you a list.

Of people who think the ditch isn't deep enough and there is too much salt in the tears for a club of our size? ;-)

:greensmile:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Guiri Green":2h27vm39 said:

There will be quite a few who'd do that if it WAS ready when they said it would be.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Army green":2jmcwkgk said:
Interesting to read that itā€™s all on schedule, when is the finish date? September wasnā€™t it? I will be amazed if itā€™s finished this year let alone September. Itā€™s been nearly a year since it all started hasnā€™t it. Having said all that, a good update from JB, every update I read I get a sense of pride from him when he talks about the development, he ciearly enjoys what heā€™s doing. Good on him.
October.

Mar 8, 2016
Keepitgreen":3gjzf6rg said:
Army green":3gjzf6rg said:
October.

Haha so itā€™s quietly slipping already. It was definitely September. To be honest, it is when it is. September, October, November, Itā€™s happening so thatā€™s the main thing, what I would suggest is that argyle are open with the fans on this, especially those that sit there.