I honestly think we will survive.... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

I honestly think we will survive....

Mar 14, 2009
From what l’ve seen we maybe appalling defensively but l do believe we have enough going forward, despite Adams tactics, to survive.

Out of all the terrible defensive signings we have to praise Adams for Ladapo. In a team surely belittled with low confidence this guy is scoring consistently. Some great goals. Some taps ins. Some misses. He never goes hiding though.

Then l think Argyles most improved player this year in J Grant gives us a balance we needed for some time. I hope once C Grant comes back that left hand partnership reunites because l think it has the potential to be great.

I know Carey is hit n miss. However, he still can create something special out of the blue.

With Taylor and Lamerias on the bench you have good attacking options.

I honestly think it’s the spine of this team we need to sort. A more experienced GK perhaps. Defensively, it’s all about the CB’s. Finding one with pace and another who is an organiser and leader. However, despite the CB issue l think just as crucial is CM. We need more physicality and energy in there. Someone who gets stuck into the opposition.

Despite how poor we have been, we aren’t totally cut adrift. I have witnessed enough teams now like Bradford, Gillingham, Wimbledon and Fleetwood to think that teams below 10th place we are more than competitive against them at home.

The top 6-8 sides are at another level. However, after this this l feel the league is very mediocre. I can’t see any reason why as long the gap to 20th isn’t bigger than 5-6 points come January transfer window we won’t get out of this mess.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don’t think we will go down providing we overhaul the defence. At least a RB and another CB is needed. I’d also like to see real competition for Macey.

January is important but a quick fix.

Lessons need to be learnt from another hideously slow start to season.

We also need investment in our coaching and scouting departments.

My last wish would be some of the club’s ‘off the pitch decisions’ are relinquished by Adams to allow him to focus more on that 18 man squad come matchday.

Apr 5, 2008
We score enough goals,but will Adams find the defenders we need to survive in the January transfer window.

Wish adams had kept Luke He certainly a better GK than Macey

Mar 23, 2008
I would agree, think we have enough in midfield and up top so if we overhaul the defence and get in a new keeper, I think we will be OK. Above and beyond anything else, if we could sign a dominant and vocal centre back, we would be infinitely better overnight.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Good post.

Yeah me too I think the January window will be the turning point and hopefully Hallett will put his hand in his pocket for players that we desperately need.

I think with two decent CB's (Bradley and Vyner esque) we'd actually be a decent team.

My last wish would be some of the club’s ‘off the pitch decisions’ are relinquished by Adams to allow him to focus more on that 18 man squad come matchday.

That's a good point.

Sep 6, 2006
Not just the defence though is it. The Midfield can be good on the ball but are incredibly pedestrian and light weight. Can't win a tackle between them.

Jul 12, 2016
Hopefully we will do enough to stay in the division. My only concern would be if we overhaul the defence how long it will take for the new players to gel.We wouldn't want the gap between us and safety to increase much more

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":2urhw8hv said:
Not just the defence though is it. The Midfield can be good on the ball but are incredibly pedestrian and light weight. Can't win a tackle between them.

True but I believe we'd get away with it with a better defence.

Oct 16, 2016
r4h4al":3t7a2u79 said:
Shankster":3t7a2u79 said:
Absolutely no signs nor evidence of an ability to change form for the better

None

The January window is a sign.

Utter nonsense, the club brought in 11 players this summer. The suggestion is that players need shipping out before bringing others in. January isn’t the best month for making substantial changes and I don’t believe it’ll make an iota of difference this year

Mar 14, 2009
Shankster":389198lo said:
r4h4al":389198lo said:
Shankster":389198lo said:

None

Utter nonsense, the club brought in 11 players this summer. The suggestion is that players need shipping out before bringing others in. January isn’t the best month for making substantial changes and I don’t believe it’ll make an iota of difference this year

I’m not saying we aren’t a bad team. Just there are others just as bad at the moment and with a few good additions we can climb above them and survive. The league is mediocre from 12th downwards where l don’t believe there is anything between the sides.

Feb 2, 2007
To many ifs and buts. I get the impression that senior players are not happy this season, and some of the quotes from Macey worry me that he thinks a point was actually an acceptable result at the weekend. The players have very low expectations, hamstrung by a Manager whose philosophy has been “worked out” with a back room limited in inspiration and ability.

There are no grounds for optimism, the only teams we have beaten have been super crap and there aren’t enough of those games to get us to 50 points unless we have a change in the way the Management approach things or a change in the Management.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
nick_PASTIE":3szg08dq said:
To many ifs and buts. I get the impression that senior players are not happy this season, and some of the quotes from Macey worry me that he thinks a point was actually an acceptable result at the weekend. The players have very low expectations, hamstrung by a Manager whose philosophy has been “worked out” with a back room limited in inspiration and ability.

There are no grounds for optimism, the only teams we have beaten have been super crap and there aren’t enough of those games to get us to 50 points unless we have a change in the way the Management approach things or a change in the Management.

Macey said, "it was really important to get the 3 points, which we haven't done."

He also had the decency to hold his hand up and apologize for his performance on Saturday and admit that he was disappointed. Pretty frank and mature comments from a young goalkeeper still learning his way.

Jul 3, 2013
Shankster":37ft6fvd said:
r4h4al":37ft6fvd said:
Shankster":37ft6fvd said:

None

It might make interesting reading if you have time to work out the difference between the first 10 games and 11 games since.

1st 10 games = 3 draws, no wins and 7 defeats, 7 goals scored. Goals conceded 19.
11 games since = 2 draws, 4 wins and 5 defeats, 17 goals scored, goals conceded 21.

Regardless of if we are crap, under performing or inconsistent, the stats above suggest your off the mark in reference to no improvement or change of form for the better.