Dressing room and away fans | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Dressing room and away fans

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Although only temporary I am enjoying the players walking under the Spion Kop to and from the dressing rooms.

With the new dressing rooms in the opposite corner we won't be able to recreate what we have now as the away fans will form half of the opening.

So what are the thoughts of moving the away fans and offering up the Barn Park to Argyle?

Clearly moving the away fans to the Dem'port is NEVER going to happen but what about the corner next to it below the police control box?

Apr 21, 2007
I believe we should keep any advantage we can get from being at home. Thus, I have also been a little concerned to the players running out by the away fans. Really can't see the board relocating the away fans though.

We switched the dugouts around so that the away manager wasn't near the linesman. We should do everything we can to make the most of home advantage.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I'm sure I read somewhere that the tunnel will come out nearer the grandstand than the away fans.

Photo 43 on GoS from 16th December shows it, but not particularly clearly.

Jan 20, 2004
Darrenpafc":3issxw14 said:
I believe we should keep any advantage we can get from being at home. Thus, I have also been a little concerned to the players running out by the away fans. Really can't see the board relocating the away fans though.

We switched the dugouts around so that the away manager wasn't near the linesman. We should do everything we can to make the most of home advantage.

I thought this a few weeks back also. However the Barn Park End generally gets the worst of the weather as it faces the prevailing winds and the setting sun, so why break with tradition hey !

Aug 11, 2013
Someone in front of me at the Oxford game said that they’d heard on good authority that work on the changing rooms was on hold as they were deemed too small ? Not heard that from anywhere else - but agree they do look a bit on the small size !

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
arrythewurzel":brnvaj2x said:
Someone in front of me at the Oxford game said that they’d heard on good authority that work on the changing rooms was on hold as they were deemed too small ? Not heard that from anywhere else - but agree they do look a bit on the small size !

Still being worked on last week as can be seen from the GoS coverage.

Aug 11, 2013
Argylegames":1axww3ca said:
arrythewurzel":1axww3ca said:

Still being worked on last week as can be seen from the GoS coverage.

Although largely tinkering - which made me think there was something in what I was told.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
arrythewurzel":ilactjfu said:
Although largely tinkering - which made me think there was something in what I was told.

I personally wouldn't call laying the drainage pipes and putting in the under-floor insulation 'tinkering', but then some people thing the grandstand is only getting a lick of paint.

Edit: Latest from GoS shows more work on the dressing rooms area and one shot makes it look at lot bigger than some of the others. The management appear to be happy with them, and we were told they had been modified and enlarged to Derek's specifications.

Jan 20, 2004
Nothing could be as small as the changing rooms they've been used to for the last fifty years.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
t
hey’d heard on good authority that work on the changing rooms was on hold

It is on hold during the day because people are snooping and calling the council complaining about every nail and screw being used, so they have come up with a cunning plan, they are working through the night, so people wouldn't see any work being done, but then they went and put a camera in...…... :coat: :coat: :coat:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Argylegames":37fo2hr6 said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that the tunnel will come out nearer the grandstand than the away fans.

Photo 43 on GoS from 16th December shows it, but not particularly clearly.

Go to the PCC link at the top of this forum and look at the 3D view of the Grandstand and it shows the dressing room exit as being on the corner of the Barn Park End, directly adjacent to the away fans and distanced from the home fans.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It strike me that unless sky lights are put into the roofing, that there will not be a huge amount of natural light into the respective rooms, especially from the rear.