🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
:greensmile: :twisted:

Interesting report, although as it says, rather a PR exercise than anything else. Interesting that Premier League clubs subsidise lower gates. Wonder what the figure is based on? Season's average to date? Imagine missing sales would probably be similar to paying someone like Morata for one week if we take Chelsea as an example (given we played them in the competition).

M

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Talking of Checkatrade, I’m surprised Chelsea aren’t amongst the favourites for this competition..

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Willis88":28h6o1ss said:
JannerinCardiff":28h6o1ss said:
Talking of Checkatrade, I’m surprised Chelsea aren’t amongst the favourites for this competition..

I don't think the U21s can actually win the competition.

They can, we're all patiently waiting to see what the attendance is for an u23 vs u23 final!

Martin_Brock":2q6y101v said:
Interesting report, although as it says, rather a PR exercise than anything else. Interesting that Premier League clubs subsidise lower gates. Wonder what the figure is based on? Season's average to date? Imagine missing sales would probably be similar to paying someone like Morata for one week if we take Chelsea as an example (given we played them in the competition).

M

And how is that figure calculated? The same Lump Sum to each club? Percentage of league or cup average? How much are we talking? How much have we sold out for?

I guessed on 7000 missing people at £20 a pop. Very back-of-fag-packet calculation.

It's true based on that logic that we'd benefit more than someone like Morecambe who may only lose 1500 fans on their attendance. There's probably a pot of silver that's equally shared out.

M

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Guardiola again asking for B-teams in England, citing it as beneficial for the national team :lol:

There's no case for B teams in the league though according to Harvey. Although clubs voted for B teams in a football league competition against the opinion of fans because of the money generated.

Money they can become dependent on. Money to inflate the rates of the game until the money isn't enough for those clubs once again chasing success in a futile and unsustainable manner. I wonder if in 5 years time, if money was on the table again, whether chairman may consider PL cash for B teams in the league?

Fans don't want it, but hasn't mattered so far. This competition has shown that the majority of FL chairman care for money > fans, so hey-ho.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The only way B teams in the league could help the England team is if there’s a ruling that the whole team contains only English players. They wouldn’t go for that, they’d just fill the squad with expensive imports.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Just stuck Talksport on while cooking and they just said people have used Man City's academy game Vs Rochdale in this daft competition as reason not to use more youngsters in the squad for last night's semi final thrashing of Burton.

So the competition that has been hijacked to benefit elite academies has stopped these same young players featuring in a 1st team semi final? :lol:

There really is no argument to support the continuation of this farce.