Capacity? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Capacity?

Jun 5, 2010
What is the exact capacity for next season, am I right in remembering its going to be just short of 20,000?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
From the planning website: https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 483943.pdf

HPcapacities.jpg

So 17,904 minus segregation.

Jan 5, 2019
What's people's thoughts about 17,000 odd being the capacity of HP once works done in Sept, I feel it's a great size no bigger no smaller then that for us, only cause it'll be rammed when 2nd tier if 1st tier & won't look a ghost town or dust bowl when in our current 3rd tier & god forbid 4th tier.

Made this post cause personally 17,000 or over is great as it's big capacity & suits a club of our size well, cause personal opinions meaning no offence I feel nothing's worse then having capacity too big for club size like MK Dons 30,500 & Carlisle 18,000 odd, but also too small for club size like Bristol Rovers 12,000 odd.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The new plans show a slight increase in capacity, before the refurbished grandstand had 7,249 seats, it's now increased to 7,382 which takes stage 1 total capacity up to 18,037 and stage 2 up to 20,193.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Looks like there's about 14 seats in the Grandstand that won't have a view of one of the goal posts in the Barn Park end. More seats won't be able to see the corner flag. This is from the stage 2 plan. Not clear from the stage 2 plan if the same issue will be had for the same seats after stage 1.

Mar 18, 2014
12k isn't too small for Rovers. they have only scraped past 10000 once this season and have an average of 8100.

they are the "small" club in Bristol.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
It is somewhat disingenuous for Argyle to talk about Phase 2 and give the impression that there is a serious likelihood of it happening when that is not the case. There are no plans or even an indication from Argyle for when it might happen, but they are quite happy to string people along and let them think it is going to happen.

There are 2 good reasons why it will never happen.

In the first instance, there will be no need for it as 17000 will be a more than adequate capacity well into the foreseeable future, by which I mean the next 10 years at least.

Secondly, we will never be able to afford it anyway. We have to pay the Hallett family about £5M for Phase 1 before we start spending money we don’t have on future ground improvements that are not required.

May 8, 2011
demportdave":1lpvv60i said:
It is somewhat disingenuous for Argyle to talk about Phase 2 and give the impression that there is a serious likelihood of it happening when that is not the case. There are no plans or even an indication from Argyle for when it might happen, but they are quite happy to string people along and let them think it is going to happen.

In the first instance, there will be no need for it as 17000 will be a more than adequate capacity well into the foreseeable future, by which I mean the next 10 years at least.

Secondly, we will never be able to afford it anyway. We have to pay the Hallett family about £5M for Phase 1 before we start spending money we don’t have on future ground improvements that are not required.

I’m not aware of the Club giving the impression that phase 2 being completed anytime soon.

All the communications I’ve seen and read clearly states it is an aspiration for when either the crowds justify it or funds become available.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Maybe you can just copy and paste every message as ‘Phase 2 won’t happen’ and save yourself a lot of time :lol:

The overall masterplan is the Phase 2 plan, but we only have enough cash to do Phase 1 of it... I don’t see why some people have such a problem with that. Surely it’s good that the grandstand is future proofed and the ambition has been shown to go even further than the first phase... the architectural plans and engineering fees aren’t free, and we already know that lots of Phase 1 is specifically designed to enable the corners to be filled in easily (the shape and location of the changing rooms, for example).

As for this continual insistence that it definitely won’t happen, that’s as silly as people saying we definitely would get relegated a few months ago. Things change very quickly in football, both on and off the pitch.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

HC Green":2vkg9mwi said:
demportdave":2vkg9mwi said:

I’m not aware of the Club giving the impression that phase 2 being completed anytime soon.

All the communications I’ve seen and read clearly states it is an aspiration for when either the crowds justify it or funds become available.

What doesn't help is misleading posts like Codeys talking about the Grandstand revamp seating 7382. It doesn't. The Grandstand revamp adds about 5226 seats to the horseshoe.

May 1, 2011
Biggs":w0j9wr3x said:
Maybe you can just copy and paste every message as ‘Phase 2 won’t happen’ and save yourself a lot of time :lol:

The overall masterplan is the Phase 2 plan, but we only have enough cash to do Phase 1 of it... I don’t see why some people have such a problem with that. Surely it’s good that the grandstand is future proofed and the ambition has been shown to go even further than the first phase... the architectural plans and engineering fees aren’t free, and we already know that lots of Phase 1 is specifically designed to enable the corners to be filled in easily (the shape and location of the changing rooms, for example).

As for this continual insistence that it definitely won’t happen, that’s as silly as people saying we definitely would get relegated a few months ago. Things change very quickly in football, both on and off the pitch.

Actually Argyle's position in the football spectrum has been relatively unchanged for many decades now. The ground was modestly updated a few years ago and now this has been extended on. Things don't actually change that quickly. Many a janner is now residing at Weston Mill cementary after the promise of top flight football!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":36127cu8 said:

Things don't change very quickly at Argyle.

It took several years to get out of the 4th tier and we are struggling to stay in the 3rd tier.

We have waited 17 years for the Grandstand to be developed after the completion of the 'horseshoe' and we will still have the 2 corners to complete to finish the Stadium makeover.

Not exactly "very quickly".

Can you give any indication whatsoever when the mythical Phase 2 will be built?

What circumstances will need to occur for this to happen?

Can you tell me why it would be needed?

Can you tell me how it would be funded?

The only circumstance I can see it happening is if we become established in the Premiership.

I don't have a problem with Argyle not having the money to fund Phase 2, as you are implying. But I think Argyle are wrong to give the impression that there is a possibility that it is going to happen.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
All the information that I have seen, from owners, directors and staff, since the initial plans were presented for supporters to view, was that phase 2 was included to indicate aspirations for the future with no timescale at all for this phase.
I would assume that there would be no chance unless/until we become established in The Championship.