Daily Catch Up - Sunday 13 January | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Sunday 13 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Derek Adams talks about the win at Southend .....
“It was a very, very good performance.
“Southend got a penalty-kick; they scored a wonderful opportunist goal to make it 3-2, but, over the 90 minutes, we were far better than Southend. We passed the ball, created chances, made opportunities and it was a really, really sweet victory for us.

“Sarcevic, Fox, Songo’o – unbelievable; Lameiras, Carey, Ladapo, who had been here before – unbelievable; the back four and goalkeeper – unbelievable. Every single one of them playing in today’s game were top performances.
“The performance levels were excellent, and the way we went about our business, keeping the ball, moving it, and getting our goals.

“We’ve come in for a lot of criticism from a lot of people; we don’t listen to it – we take it on board and we move on. Today was a very, very accomplished performance and they all deserve top marks for it.
“We should have had a clean sheet today. Southend get a penalty and they score a wonder goal. I probably would have said that the only way they were going to score was from a penalty but, in the end, the young boy scores a stunner.”

“We had given them days off over the weeks gone by, and we ran and ran and ran. We pressed them all over the pitch; we recovered the ball well; we had a section in the second half of the match at 3-0 up and there were ‘oles’ going on in the far corner because of the way we kept the ball and moved it.

“Even the home fans were clapping, giving us ‘well done’ and I think that’s what you need to see in the game, when home supporters really appreciate good football. Today, undoubtedly, supporting our team, the way we passed the ball and moved, was pleasing to see from opposition fans.”

“We should have had a clean sheet today. Southend get a penalty and they score a wonder goal. I probably would have said that the only way they were going to score was from a penalty but, in the end, the young boy scores a stunner.”

"We had given them days off over the weeks gone by, and we ran and ran and ran. We pressed them all over the pitch; we recovered the ball well; we had a section in the second half of the match [at] 3-0 up and there were ‘oles’ going on in the far corner because of the way we kept the ball and moved it.

“The ball hit Ryan Edwards’ hand. He doesn’t believe it was a penalty; it was a rocket of a shot into him. It was the linesman who gave it.
“The youngster came on and it was a fantastic opportunist goal from him. What a finish it was and it did make the scoreline flattg towards Southend.”ot into him. It was the linesman who gave it.
“The youngster came on and it was a fantastic opportunist goal from him. What a finish it was and it did make the scoreline flattering towards Southend.

"We are not going to get carried away.
"There are too many people in this world who want to pull you down as quickly as possible.
“We’ll enjoy the victory. We’re going home with three points, which is vital in this league. The gap is closing all over the league; we’ve enabled that by having a really good performance.

“The way the league is, there are only a few top teams; everybody else is more than capable of beating each other. I don’t see too many teams who have played against us this year being outstanding.
“It’s not like there is a Blackburn or a Wigan last year. I thought they were by far the better teams.”

You Tube match highlights

Freddie Ladapo talks about the Southend win .....
"I didn’t get to score any goals in the short time I was here so it was good to get on the score-sheet.

“I hadn’t scored for a few games so I was a little bit rusty but this was the best place to score again so I’m very pleased.”
"This team suits me a lot better. The manager has taken me in and when you have a manager who wants you to do well and keeps playing you it gives you confidence which helps.
“The fans are also chanting my name which is great.

“Unfortunately things didn’t work out at Southend for me but you can’t think about the past.
“In the last couple of games we’ve felt a real togetherness and I think you could see that in the way we pressed, attacked and defended as team.
“We’re working hard and this is a good win for us.
“But we have to be able to build on it now and pick up more points.”