Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread

May 1, 2011
Justin":1onrvt4v said:
IJN":1onrvt4v said:
I agree with Justin, that Swindon game put me right off him.

That’s what did it for me too Ian.

Harsh maybe to judge on one performance, but his limitations were hopelessly exposed that night.

Take it you will be retracting this statement now?

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":29k9y2wb said:
Justin":29k9y2wb said:
IJN":29k9y2wb said:

Harsh maybe to judge on one performance, but his limitations were hopelessly exposed that night.

After one game? Could he not havr done better with free kick? Also if these saves were all so great why are they not on Sky highlights?!

May 1, 2011
Balham_Green":3kc2t84b said:
Bristol Rich":3kc2t84b said:
Justin":3kc2t84b said:
IJN":3kc2t84b said:

After one game? Could he not havr done better with free kick? Also if these saves were all so great why are they not on Sky highlights?!

Can't answer about the highlights. However my point really was if we can write him off after one game surely the same logic applies after he has a great game?
On the free kick yes he could have done better, however at half-time we were still in the game due to his saves.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":32wmrspb said:
Justin":32wmrspb said:
IJN":32wmrspb said:

Which saves that Letheren made yesterday would Macey have failed to save then? They were routine saves. Also Letheren should have kept out the free kick. Macey would have been slaughtered on here if he’d let that in.

I do agree Letheren should keep his place as it’s a winning team and he’s played his part. But Macey’s a much better keeper.

May 1, 2011
Justin":2adxcqlg said:
Bristol Rich":2adxcqlg said:
Justin":2adxcqlg said:
IJN":2adxcqlg said:

Which saves that Letheren made yesterday would Macey have failed to save then? They were routine saves. Also Letheren should have kept out the free kick. Macey would have been slaughtered on here if he’d let that in.

I do agree Letheren should keep his place as it’s a winning team and he’s played his part. But Macey’s a much better keeper.

Routine really good saves.....Ok!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bumping like this confuses the hell out of people Rich.

Why not start a new thread, simply linking with the old one?

I certainly take my comment back, chuffed to do it as well.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
How are point blank saves and one on ones routine?

I'm not saying Macey wouldn't have made the same stops, we don't know whether he would and frankly it doesn't matter because it was Letheren in goal, and he was very good, so why can't we just praise him for his performance?

Argyle fans have this weird habit of choosing a player to side with and then proceeding to slate their competitor, why do people feel the need to pit players against eachother? People have done it with Taylor/Ladapo, Ruben/Carey & now seemingly Macey/Letheren.

We've got 3 wins on the bounce and there's no reason to change a winning team at the moment, let's enjoy that.

Dec 2, 2005
London
I don't understand why people expect a League One "keeper to save that free kick. It's curled around the far side of the wall into the top corner.

He did well to get a hand to it. If he'd kept it out everyone would be saying it was a worldie and they should show it on MOTD instead of whatever De Gea did this week!

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":399ko4py said:
kyle won us the three points yesterday as much as our superstar player ruben.i voted kyle man of the match.

We know thst because ypu are completely biased towards non loan players and are inflexible.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’d like to know which of Matt Macey’s relatives Justin is :lol:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Justin":c2w6svkp said:
Bristol Rich":c2w6svkp said:
Justin":c2w6svkp said:
IJN":c2w6svkp said:

Apart from his communication, organisation, kicking, ability to deal with crosses, corners and his shot stopping yea Macey is definitely the better 'keeper :lol: