500/1 for top 6 finish | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

500/1 for top 6 finish

J

jimmy_inch

And still 14/1 for top half finish, but not for long I think.

22/1 when I put a tenner on, so I'm hoping this run continues!

Oct 18, 2006
still 500/1 for top 6 finish @ skybet weird because the odds of a top half table finish have come into 9/1 from 14/1 yesterday.

I cashed out after the Pompey game last year to be over a grand in profit when sky bet were offering half the odds as a cash out and I was not going to gamble a grand to potentially win another one after Taylor got injured.

Wonder if we could do the same this year? the next three games will define our season I feel, get some decent points from those three and who knows.

Apr 8, 2016
Agreed it is weird that it's still 500/1. I had 250/1 for top six and 18/1 for top half when I went in on it but at modest investments so I'll let those ride.

However after tonights results and if we carry on this mini run the odds will definitely come down further from 500 and 9/1 respectively so I've lumped in some larger amounts hoping for a good cash out in a month's time.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Itā€™s nuts.

Wycombe are 22/1 for a top 6 finish while we are still 500/1! When we beat them on Saturday theyā€™ll be just 2 points ahead of us.

Jul 19, 2014
Which site/app are you guys using?
I use Bet365 and can't see any bets anywhere relating to Top half finishes, Top 6 etc.
For League 1 I can bet on an outright winner and that's it!

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
To reach 70 points (which still may not be enough for top 6), we need 37 points from 17 games. We'd need to equal that incredible run of last season in terms of PPG.

And bear in mind that in those 17 games, we've still got to play all of the top 7 again - we took just 1 point off them in the reverse fixtures earlier this season.

Never happening in a million years. Let's just keep beating the average / crap teams and make sure we're in this league again next season.

Mar 16, 2009
London
As a top end estimate I can see us accumulating 67 points this season, if we were we to continue our fine form, even accounting for the tough games ahead. Last year that total would have seen us finish 5th.

Dan - We donā€™t actually have to finish top 6 to make money from a top 6 bet of course, as there will always be opportunities to cash out early. At 500/1 even a small bet could see the cash out carrot dangled by a nervous bookie. The odds are simply daft and too good to ignore.

Mar 16, 2009
London
dellaclearing":3o3qezkl said:
Which site/app are you guys using?
I use Bet365 and can't see any bets anywhere relating to Top half finishes, Top 6 etc.
For League 1 I can bet on an outright winner and that's it!

Bet365 donā€™t have a top half finish bet offer for some reason. Most of the others do. Skybet is one. Odds are down to 9/1 now though.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Went on skybet at 8am argyle 500-1 to make playoffs, NOW 750-1.weird. I know fools and their money easily parted and weve got a lot of hard games to come,but thats got to be worth a couple of quid surely.

Landsender

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Apr 20, 2008
Exmouth
I never gamble & Iā€™m a huge doom monger/eternal pessimist,

BUT............

I used Bet365 to open an account with Ā£5 on the day we played Southend, put a massive Ā£2 on us to win on the day & I found we were 1000/1 for a top 6 finish & so after a 1 second debate in my head I blew the other Ā£3 on the top 6 finish.

Iā€™ve been using my winnings to bet on us to win each game since & now with a huge pot of Ā£22.80 Iā€™ve put it in us to win on Saturday at 7/4.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
jimmy_inch":fzlku0da said:
And still 14/1 for top half finish, but not for long I think.

22/1 when I put a tenner on, so I'm hoping this run continues!

Personally I think the gap to the top 6 is too big. There is a 7 point gap between Doncaster in 7th and Fleetwood in 8th who we are currently 6 points behind. There is also 5 points between Barnsley in 5th and Peterborough in 6th meaning we are 19 points behind 5th. At the very most only 6th is available but the gap between the top 7 and the rest would indicate they are a cut above the rest of the league and unlikely to drop enough points for us to catch them.

I went in at 20/1 on top half before Xmas and feel very confident on that, if we're still at 14/1 I'd be encouraging people to strongly consider that bet.