Just a random thought about Argyle badge! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just a random thought about Argyle badge!

Scroll or no scroll?

• Scroll

Votes: 152 93.3%
  • No Scroll

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Looking at Pompey and Argyle badges on the PR stuff for this weekend, we've got a scroll at the bottom with PAFC on it, and they just have the badge.

Would ours look neater and better just as a shield, rather than two bits? It is a bit superfluous isn't it?

Let's have a fun vote.............

FC-Logo.jpg

OR

g0lXCxK.png

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Personally, I would be very keen for a slight rejig because I think we absolutely need the word 'Argyle' on the badge. And 'Plymouth' ideally.

PAFC doesn't really tell you anything, and for a club with Only1Argyle as a Twitter handle, it needs to have that word.

Just the shield looks really smart and fits with the rest of the new branding, There must be a way to elegantly include 'Plymouth Argyle' within it, maybe making the Mayflower smaller with 'Plymouth' above and 'Argyle' below it?

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
:scarf: Nothing wrong with the scroll, 2 bits for me and leave it be.
Let's keep some hint of tradition. :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Keep the scroll. Can't believe it's an issue.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Keepitgreen":3im84j08 said:

I think it is, mainly because it now doesn't fit the branding around the rest of the club and the badge could be cleaned up. A scroll isn't particularly unique or traditional to Argyle, so it should be dispensable.

And aside from the scroll, I can't believe anyone would prefer the letters PAFC over the words 'Plymouth' and 'Argyle'.

Apr 8, 2016
Pogleswoodys suggestion seems good to me

This is a good compromise for me, as without the scroll for me the badge is ugly but pafc tells non argyle fans absolutely nothing. Could even swap them have Plymouth on the hull and argyle in big on the scroll. That might look quite nice

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tony Pastyman":hflyg2ek said:
:scarf: Nothing wrong with the scroll, 2 bits for me and leave it be.
Let's keep some hint of tradition. :greensmile:

What's traditional about a scroll, though? And would there be more tradition in continuing to omit the word 'Argyle', or keeping the scroll?

We just HAVE to have the word Argyle on the badge, in my view.

This is still the cleanest and classiest badge I think we've had, but appreciate the Mayflower should now stay.

crest-1911.gif

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
MustardEagle":3hc2w3ke said:
Pogleswoodys suggestion seems good to me

This is a good compromise for me, as without the scroll for me the badge is ugly but pafc tells non argyle fans absolutely nothing. Could even swap them have Plymouth on the hull and argyle in big on the scroll. That might look quite nice

I always found/find when I was at Uni or even today on holiday, that people will peer at the badge, then they will ask you: 'Is that Plymouth?' (or Argyle) or: 'Which Club is that?'.

There is an argument that you get more 'publicity' that way plus it allows you to engage in 'publicity' or just initiate a chat yourself. I have given shirts to guys in Egypt, Maldives, Turkey, Dom Republic; in most cases, they like the fact that their mates won't know the club, will have to ask, because it doesn't say: 'Leeds', 'Bolton' or whatever. :scarf:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Is there not room for all? A club emblem, a club crest and a club logo..... all based around the Mayflower. The crest as now works on the playing shirt but on casual clothing just the Mayflower logo alone would look classy.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Biggs":3o2sjx8l said:
Keepitgreen":3o2sjx8l said:

I think it is, mainly because it now doesn't fit the branding around the rest of the club and the badge could be cleaned up. A scroll isn't particularly unique or traditional to Argyle, so it should be dispensable.

And aside from the scroll, I can't believe anyone would prefer the letters PAFC over the words 'Plymouth' and 'Argyle'.

PAFC, WBA, QPR.. Can't see what the issue is. Personally I think the scroll looks classier.
My own preference would be to go back to the old Plymouth coat of arms.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Why not include the best argyle badge with Plymouth coat of arms.