Sarcevic and the stretcher. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sarcevic and the stretcher.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
In fairness, his reaction when he went down, I was 100% sure that was the end of his season. Madness that he got back up and finished all 90. Fair play to the bloke, great attitude.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PMPilgrim":2vxnnmox said:
Great to see Sarcevic not need the stretcher and return with no obvious effects.
Imagine the uproar if that had been a Wycombe player...

Do you think that he was seeking to deliberately waste time then?? :crazy: :think: :crazy:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If a team was time wasting you'd be right, but we weren't and he obviously thought he was badly injured.

The scum that are Wycombe are a different kettle of fish.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PMPilgrim":sm79e3e0 said:
No. Im not saying he wasnā€™t initially hurt. Iā€™m just pointing out what the reaction would have been for an away player doing the same

Fair enough but I suspect that unless he sleeps in an icebath tonight, he won't be rambling on Dartmoor tomorrow, or even walking tbh. Ouch! :shock:

Mar 25, 2007
PMPilgrim":34kb15ab said:
Great to see Sarcevic not need the stretcher and return with no obvious effects.

You are Ainsworth, and I hereby claim my 5Ā£ reward.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
Oh bore off. Youā€™ve obviously never seen Wycombe play - and I use that term loosely!

So many Argyle ā€œfansā€ having a dig at their own. Makes you so proud.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PMPilgrim":n6e3pm7s said:
Ok. Iā€™ll try again.
Iā€™m not saying he wasnā€™t initially hurt.
Iā€™m not saying he didnā€™t play through pain for the rest of the match.
Iā€™m not having a go at my own players.
Iā€™m simply suggesting the crowd reaction would have been different for an away player in exactly the same scenario....especially one from Wycombe.

Not true.
Wycombe players aren't hurt ... initially or whatever.
Nor do they play through pain for the rest of the match, usually they jump up and race after the ref.

I think everyone thought he was genuinely hurt. He was. Gladly not as badly as initially thought.
As my 'icebath' comment shows, yoiu can play on with adrenalin, endomorphins, being warmed up and a little physio and spray but, next morning, your leg will be a lump of concrete!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PMPilgrim":2m85c5zy said:
Ok. Iā€™ll try again.
Iā€™m simply suggesting the crowd reaction would have been different for an away player in exactly the same scenario....especially one from Wycombe.

What I said above!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
PMPilgrim":6489nwpi said:
Ok. Iā€™ll try again.

Suggestion - when you are in a hole and itā€™s deep...stop digging!

May 16, 2016
PMPilgrim":2si25nyc said:

Imagine the uproar if we'd been playing Wycombe and he did that but instead of staying down, he got up, ran off the pitch and pulled Gareth Ainsworths trousers down, then ran after the Ref with a custard pie in hand ready to plonk it on his snozzer.

Unbelievable isn't it.

Jun 12, 2006
It was a strange incident indeed - it did seem like none of the players or Derek Adams were expecting him to come off even though the medics and the cord were behaving like it was a bad one.

Aug 5, 2016
Wycombe players go down like that when there hasn't even been any contact. As Ainsworth likes to remind everyone, they are a poor little squad that is being so overworked that everyone is suffering from cramp.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I understand what you are saying, PMPilgrim, and I can think of a few occasions when we have booed an opposing player who has gone down injured only to, subsequently, applaud, in sympathy, as he is taken off on a stretcher.

Unfortunately, the ā€˜Wycombe type of teamā€™ makes supporters suspicious of those with genuine injuries.

C

Cult Of Personality

It was probably an impact injury one where the initial contact was very painful ( like when you stub your toe) and Sarcevic was in pain but after physio came on and checked him over it probably nothing more then a bruise. They do happen often in football