• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bogle

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
I found him fascinating

A character

Loved how he was first to congratulate kyle after that save

Then minutes later he performs the world's slowest double pirouette (effective enough as he somehow came out with possession) then still with the ball appeared to face back at sarcevic and laugh...im in block 11, it happened right in front of me, but would dearly love others opinions on this moment at surely it can't have been as blatant as that... Could it?

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Yep you're right - saw it clearly from block 13 after he megged Sarce

Sep 2, 2008
I have a slightly different take on why he looked back and laughed. Sitting in block 13 quite a few people made noises akin to wolf whistles when he was pirouetting as it looked quite fancy. Then, after he nutmeged the Argyle player, my take on it is that his look back and smile was at the fans.

Mar 23, 2008
Looked a cocky sod but to be fair played well and held the ball up well, a poor man's Ladapo if you will, haha!

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
earl grey":3m9i1es3 said:
I found him fascinating

A character

Loved how he was first to congratulate kyle after that save

Then minutes later he performs the world's slowest double pirouette (effective enough as he somehow came out with possession) then still with the ball appeared to face back at sarcevic and laugh...im in block 11, it happened right in front of me, but would dearly love others opinions on this moment at surely it can't have been as blatant as that... Could it?
Yes I noticed his recognition of Kyle's save.

Oct 31, 2015
Deacster":1ynv36wq said:
Looked a cocky sod but to be fair played well and held the ball up well, a poor man's Ladapo if you will, haha!

He was better than Freddie yesterday but Eddie and Cans kept him quiet for most of the game

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Pottypilgrim":1n5o7x6d said:
I have a slightly different take on why he looked back and laughed. Sitting in block 13 quite a few people made noises akin to wolf whistles when he was pirouetting as it looked quite fancy. Then, after he nutmeged the Argyle player, my take on it is that his look back and smile was at the fans.

I prefer your version.

Absolutely love a footballing character ala akinfenwa, L. taylor and your good old Jimmy bullards

Jul 12, 2016
Did well against us first half and glad to see him taken off.Out performed Ladapo yesterday by some margin.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
This isn’t going to make sense, but perhaps it will (sort of)...

For all his obvious effectiveness, he really wasn’t that effective yesterday.

Perhaps the problem was that he is new to the team and so his effectiveness at winning and protecting the ball wasn’t matched by the effectiveness with which he fitted into the overall team play.

Feb 21, 2011
Deacster":6feiwpi1 said:
If he held the ball up "well" he's twice the player Freddie is as he doesn't have that in his skill set, if he can head the ball he's better again. Plenty of improvement to come from Ladapo in my opinion, he has time though....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am just glad that Bogle did not turn in a performance like the last time he did against Argyle at Home Park, whilst playing for Grimsby Town. He was in hot scoring form that day. Yesterday, whilst he showed flashes of superb skill, I thought Argyle's defence handled him quite well.

Sep 2, 2008
Quintrell_Green":32vzm4l7 said:
I am just glad that Bogle did not turn in a performance like the last time he did against Argyle at Home Park, whilst playing for Grimsby Town. He was in hot scoring form that day. Yesterday, whilst he showed flashes of superb skill, I thought Argyle's defence handled him quite well.

I remember that game. You could see then that he had something. I think that its good that we went up against him so early after his move to Pompey. He hasn't had much game time while at his other clubs post Grimsby move and so I'm thinking he's needing to gain that match fitness that can only come from playing regularly. I think he will do very well for Pompey on the run-in as his fitness improves.

Apr 13, 2006
Plymouth
With reference the Letheren save, Bogle went up to him straight after and shook his hand and gave him a pat of appreciation on his back. A genuine piece of good sportsmanship in an otherwise far too cynical game.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oldage":33xg484z said:
Did well against us first half and glad to see him taken off.Out performed Ladapo yesterday by some margin.

The main difference is that he looked for the ball where Freddie was static at times and slow to react if the ball was played three or more foot from him. Not Freddies best display.

Apr 9, 2011
Good match yesterday & overall played in a good spirit. Pompey came to play & that always helps! bit like Coventry the other week, nice to see unlike some of these clubs aka Wycombe who wouldnt know a good game of football if it bit them on the back side. I suppose thats" small club" syndrome. As regards Bogle he was well policed by Canavan & Edwards & showed flashes of true sportsmanship which is unfortunately rare in the cynical world of modern football