Daily Catch Up - Monday 11 February | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Daily Catch Up - Monday 11 February

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Derek Adams talks about his yellow card received during the game against Portsmouth on Saturday. ...
"Gareth Evans kicked the ball away after he was booked and he’s launched it 50 yards out of play. The referee has not booked him. He should have been sent off from that, but he chose to give me a yellow card because I protested that he had kicked the ball away after he had blown the whistle.

“The referee said to me that Evans kicked the ball as the whistle went. I’ll have to look at that on the video and slow it down. If that’s the case, then I’ll apologise to the referee. If it’s not the case, I expect the referee to apologise to me.”

Portsmouth midfielder Ben Close believes it wasn't a foul on Yann Songo'o that led to Graham Carey scoring from the resultant free-kick, he said ....
‘I think we’ve been really hard done by on that. Everyone can see so clearly the ball has changed direction. ‘He’s won the ball cleanly and the ball has changed direction. ‘It was a great finish and there’s not much we could have done after the free-kick was awarded.

'The wall was in a good place and Craig MacGillivray didn’t have a chance the way he’s bent and dipped it. ‘But we are incredibly disappointed in terms of the fact Nathan has put in a very good tackle on the edge of our box. ‘We were potentially starting a counter-attack and we end up conceding a free-kick and they score. It’s massively disappointing.’

Graham Carey's goal moved him up to 28th place in the Argyle all time goal scorer list with 47 goals. (as now noticed by Plymouth Live and copied).

If selected against Bradford City on Saturday Carey will draw level with John Sims and David Friio on the Argyle all time appearance list with 185 games for Argyle. (thanks to GOS).

Portsmouth Match Day Moments

Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet has blocked a move for Argyle target Joe Mason, manager Lee Bowyer explains. ...
“Mason is the one that we were looking to bring in.
“But I got a phonecall from Steve Gallen, head of recruitment, literally 10 minutes ago saying the owner said no, we can’t bring in another striker because we’ve got Lyle Taylor, Josh Parker and Igor Vetokele.”

Rumoured Argyle transfer target Efe Ambrose is on trial at Derby County.

Argyle reserves play Bristol City at Home Park tonight in a Premier League Cup fixture, kick-off 7pm.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that most supporters would agree that it was a good tackle although the referee was perfectly positioned to make his decision. The extended highlights also show that Carey should have had a penalty when he was blatantly barged over off the ball in another incident.
Pompey number 26 should also have been sent off in the incident when DA got a yellow card.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
davie nine":bnnmxctw said:
I think that most supporters would agree that it was a good tackle although the referee was perfectly positioned to make his decision. The extended highlights also show that Carey should have had a penalty when he was blatantly barged over off the ball in another incident.
Pompey number 26 should also have been sent off in the incident when DA got a yellow card.

And their goal was a foul on Edwards