1 goal in 5 away from home | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

1 goal in 5 away from home

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Despite good general recent form that's a poor return.

Please start rotating Ladapo & Taylor.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Yep and its not over to the fat lady sings.

Last year we fizzled out with 5 points from the last 6 games

Makes Br Rovers another must win game again so Ladapo will have to start

Mar 14, 2009
It’s nothing to do with Ladapo. Wish people would stop having a go at him. He does well on the scraps he gets.

Who ever plays upfront doesn’t get the support they need. It’s a system issue.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":31jixs3u said:
It’s nothing to do with Ladapo. Wish people would stop having a go at him. He does well on the scraps he gets.

Not having a go at Ladapo?

He suits games when we play passing football & really look to have a go. Taylor suits games when we need to make the ball stick.

Both of them have attributes & flaws, they suit different situations hence why they should be rotated.

It's not a system issue, it's that Ladapo doesn't suit the system when we come up against the better sides, just as Taylor wouldn't be as effective against the lesser teams when pace & penetration matter more.

Mar 14, 2009
Cobi Budge":12925n5k said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":12925n5k said:

He suits games when we play passing football & really look to have a go. Taylor suits games when we need to make the ball stick.

Both of them have attributes & flaws, they suit different situations hence why they should be rotated.

It's not a system issue, it's that Ladapo doesn't suit the system when we come up against the better sides, just as Taylor wouldn't be as effective against the lesser teams when pace & penetration matter more.

Ok, dont we play the same type of system currently as we did last year?

So why last season were we one of the lowest goal scoring teams all season away from home in league one? Didn’t we have Taylor up front then?

We just simply don’t create many chances as an away team and it puts a lot of pressure on people to score the one or two opportunities they get.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cobi Budge":3ntamp9q said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3ntamp9q said:

Exactly how I see it. Taylor should have played against Luton but I would play Freddie against Br Rovers

Mar 16, 2009
London
samjones":224ixfbp said:
12th yet only 3 pts above drop zone :wtf:

This is going down to the last home game against scunny

I agree, although it depends partly on uswinning our 6 pointer with Doncaster.

Glad you’re optimisitic though Sam!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1q0sii3t said:
Cobi Budge":1q0sii3t said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1q0sii3t said:

Ok, dont we play the same type of system currently as we did last year?

So why last season were we one of the lowest goal scoring teams all season away from home in league one? Didn’t we have Taylor up front then?

We just simply don’t create many chances as an away team and it puts a lot of pressure on people to score the one or two opportunities they get.

We're more direct away from home, and when you're direct you need someone who can hold the ball, Taylor can do it far better than Ladapo, and that's a big part of why we don't create enough away, because we struggle to sustain or even generate attacks.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Still need another forward imo.

Someone that can play similar to Ladapo with ball to feet. Taylor is completely different and still offers something but sometimes we need competition to Ladapo in the same style.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Justin":1y6yv6vr said:
samjones":1y6yv6vr said:

Perfect answer for Sam, Justin.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
davie nine":87e2tqdj said:
Justin":87e2tqdj said:
samjones":87e2tqdj said:

No it’s not Davie, it’s actually a very stupid and flippant answer.

We are in serious relegation trouble, by that I mean that if we were to lose to in-form Bristol Rovers we could be right down in the mire with games running out but with some very tough one still to play.

We have been in a relegation battle for virtually the whole of the season, yet some really stupid people are actually talking about the Play-offs, it would be laughable if our situation wasn’t so serious.

This thread highlights a major concern, 1 goal in our last 5 away games and today against a team on a poor run of form we can only muster 1 shot on goal; absolutely woeful.

Yet another example of Adams’s lack of tactical nous coupled with his trademark negativity and stubborness. The same team and the same failing tactics away from home, no imagination whatsoever. Get to half time at 0-0 and hope we might score from a set piece.

Once again, the fear of losing has cost us the chance of winning and we end up getting beaten anyway, something we have seen many times over the past 4 seasons.

Mar 16, 2009
London
demportdave":a6i141pq said:
davie nine":a6i141pq said:
Justin":a6i141pq said:
samjones":a6i141pq said:

We are in serious relegation trouble, by that I mean that if we were to lose to in-form Bristol Rovers we could be right down in the mire with games running out but with some very tough one still to play.

We have been in a relegation battle for virtually the whole of the season, yet some really stupid people are actually talking about the Play-offs, it would be laughable if our situation wasn’t so serious.

This thread highlights a major concern, 1 goal in our last 5 away games and today against a team on a poor run of form we can only muster 1 shot on goal; absolutely woeful.

Yet another example of Adams’s lack of tactical nous coupled with his trademark negativity and stubborness. The same team and the same failing tactics away from home, no imagination whatsoever. Get to half time at 0-0 and hope we might score from a set piece.

Once again, the fear of losing has cost us the chance of winning and we end up getting beaten anyway, something we have seen many times over the past 4 seasons.

The irony of you accusing of Adams of negativity is a joy to behold .

We suffer a rare defeat and you start panicking.

Having risen faster and further than any other team in 2019, only the most negative among us should be going all jelly-legged.

Apr 9, 2011
demportdave":2g1qx2ny said:
davie nine":2g1qx2ny said:
Justin":2g1qx2ny said:
samjones":2g1qx2ny said:

Agree entirely, last season by this time we were virtually out the mire but finished the season abysmally , i said on a previous post when reading the rubbish spouted by some we were up to 12th completely ignoring the fact we were only 5 points from safety! Yes our away form has been very poor this is going down to the wire Brizzle is well & truly another! 6 pointer