Graham Coughlan interview in Bristol Post with Trust Chair | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Graham Coughlan interview in Bristol Post with Trust Chair

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It may well be that Graham Coughlan will become a great manager and, if his determination and skill as a player are anything to go by, he has every chance.
However, we need to remember Johnny Hore, Kevin Hodges and Paul Mariner having a go and, away from Argyle and more recently, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes.
Even Solkjaer is still on honeymoon.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Even though he is/was adored for what he achieved as a player with us, he’s a real rookie in the management game as regards being a No.1. I’d want him to prove himself more as a capable manager before being offered the Home Park reins.

It’s a bit of a Catch 22 situation then. Because if he does indeed prove himself at a similar size club to us, like Rovers, his sights will firmly be set on managing at a ‘next level’ club.

As far as Saturday goes, he is 100% guaranteed a rapturous welcome.

Jul 13, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":106f08x3 said:
Even though he is/was adored for what he achieved as a player with us, he’s a real rookie in the management game as regards being a No.1. I’d want him to prove himself more as a capable manager before being offered the Home Park reins.

It’s a bit of a Catch 22 situation then. Because if he does indeed prove himself at a similar size club to us, like Rovers, his sights will firmly be set on managing at a ‘next level’ club.

As far as Saturday goes, he is 100% guaranteed a rapturous welcome.

Not from me. He wouldn't sign up for the Herald when I knocked on his door.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":2dotwtl6 said:
It may well be that Graham Coughlan will become a great manager and, if his determination and skill as a player are anything to go by, he has every chance.
However, we need to remember Johnny Hore, Kevin Hodges and Paul Mariner having a go and, away from Argyle and more recently, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes.
Even Solkjaer is still on honeymoon.

What are you saying? Not every manager is successful? :crazy:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am saying that, particularly with regard to Argyle legends, they do not necessarily return as good managers.
The 3 others were thrown in as an ‘afterthought’.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
foreigner":iojppl28 said:
Not from me. He wouldn't sign up for the Herald when I knocked on his door.

You have to let that go! :greensmile: