Teams below us v Teams below us. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Teams below us v Teams below us.

May 16, 2016
Sitting waiting for my Nails to dry, I looked at the games between the Teams currently below us.

Including the 4 involving us I counted 31 individual games at least. No denying we're still mathematically involved, but contrary to the vibe I get on here, in any one match, both Teams cant get the 3 points. So we've some breathing space especially if we can at least draw a few of our trickier games.

As an example, here's the current bottom 4 Clubs games against other bottom half sides (as things stand today). I've not included any games against the Lutons and Barnsleys of our world, so there's further hope there.

I'm useless at Stats and predictions, so make of it what you please. I've got the full list if anyone wants it, but I think I left one out due to a copy and paste problem.

Wycombe v Walsall
Accrington v Walsall
Shrewsbury v Walsall
Walsall v Oxford Utd
Walsall v Southend

Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers
Wimbledon v Wycombe
Wimbledon v Accrington
Wimbledon v Gillingham
Oxford Utd v Wimbledon
Bradford v Wimbledon

Rochdale v Wycombe
Rochdale v Scunthorpe
Rochdale v Southend

Bristol Rovers v Bradford
Bradford v Gillingham

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
This is why I think if we can beat Rovers on Sat we’ll most likely stay up.

May 16, 2016
Kentishgreen":3ia0at09 said:
Yes the doom mongers don’t take into account inconvenient facts like this.

Yes that's the impression I got. People focussing on our games against higher placed opposition, yet, there's lots of games that will have a bearing on where we finish that appear to have been overlooked or ignored !

As long as the other Teams do the decent thing and try to win all those '6 Pointers' we could continue as we have so far this Year and be safe.

Wimbledon for example, have 7 games against those Teams below us. They have a great oppurtunity to stay up now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Focus solely on our own fixtures and forget the rest. Don’t want to get into the ‘we lost but it’s ok because other teams below us have to play each other’ malarkey.

Jul 12, 2016
Agreed.So many permutations with 8 games to play.Concentrate on our own position. Nobody can foresee a dip in form ,injuries etc which can affect the final relegation places.

Here’s what I can’t get my head around. With so few points between twelfth place and the relegation zone, and with so few games left, does that mean the usual 51 points safety mark still applies, and if not will fifth from bottom need more or fewer points?

Sep 6, 2006
Suggests the opposite to me of safety. Loads of points up for grabs against inferior opposition with the bottom 3 probably already down.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1oou37t8 said:
Suggests the opposite to me of safety. Loads of points up for grabs against inferior opposition with the bottom 3 probably already down.

GreenThing":1oou37t8 said:
We have to match the results of one of eight teams below us to be safe. I’m sure we will manage that.

Eh? How do you work that out??

We have 8 teams between us and the relegation zone. All of those 8 teams have to do better than us for us to be relegated. If only one team can’t do better than us then we’ll be safe.

What about the teams in the relegation zone?

Ok then, we have to match just one of 8 and have to be substantially worse than the other 3.

Brings us back to this. If the bottom 3 are out of the equation, we only have to match the results of one of the 8 directly below us to stay up.

May 16, 2016
Do better than or match any of these lot that we're not playing in. This is the rest, minus a couple I accidentally deleted and cant be bothered to check again.

There's also the hope that the higher placed Teams they play beat them, obviously. Hopefully it gives our lot an added incentive to go for the wins rather than 'not lose' as is sometimes the opinion.

Gillingham v Plymouth
Plymouth v Bristol Rovers
Accrington v Plymouth
Plymouth v Scunthorpe

Oxford Utd v Wycombe
Southend v Wycombe
Gillingham v Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury v Scunthorpe
Southend v Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury v Scunthorpe
Shrewsbury v Oxford

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
One or 2 teams will stay up on goal difference this season. It might be us. On the predictor I had us down for 5 points. 1 win and 2 draws the only win being Scunny sending them down.